- 12 hrs ago Xiaomi 13 Claimed To Offer More Battery Life Than iPhone 14 Pro Max: What About The Performance?
- 13 hrs ago Jio Cloud Gaming Launched In India: How to Sign Up For JioGamesCloud?
- 14 hrs ago Apple iPhone 15 Could Pack Sony's Most Advanced Image Sensor; Periscope Camera Also Expected
- 16 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy S23 Series Launching In February; Everything We Know So Far
- Sports India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: Toss, Playing 11 Update: NZ elect to bowl; No place for Sanju Samson
- Finance Sharekhan's Latest Pick Is Large Cap Multibagger Tata Stock, Target Price Rs 516
- Movies Bigg Boss 16 November 29 Highlights: Nimrit And Archana Get Into Huge Fight; Golden Boys Enter The House
- News India's maternal mortality ratio drops to 97 in 2018-2020 from 130
- Lifestyle This Unique Temple In Irinjalakuda Is Dedicated To Bharata, Lord Krishna's Brother
- Travel Most Popular Winter Sports In India You Can Try
- Education MHT CET 5 Year Counselling 2022 Merit List OUT At cetcell.mahacet.org, Get Details Here
- Automobiles 15 Year Old Vehicles To Be Scrapped – Gadkari Sends Directive To All State Governments
WhatsApp Working On Disappearing Images: How Will It Work?
WhatsApp Disappearing Images Feature
The tip comes from a popular tipster - WABetaInfo, which has shared a couple of screenshots revealing the working of the disappearing images feature. As the name suggests, the images will self-destruct after a pre-set time for both the sender and receiver.
Looking at the screenshots, we can see WhatsApp has added a new toggle next to the text box in the image preview window. Switching on the toggle reads: "This media will disappear, once you leave this chat". In other words, users can send any image and it will disappear once they leave the chat.
Additionally, those who receive the WhatsApp disappearing image will also be alerted of the incoming media. Once they open this image, they can see a notification noting that it would disappear soon. The report further notes that WhatsApp isn't allowing users to export such disappearing images.
WhatsApp is working on self-destructing photos in a future update for iOS and Android.— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) March 3, 2021
• Self-destructing photos cannot be exported from WhatsApp.
• WhatsApp didn't implement a screenshot detection for self-destructing photos yet.
Same concept from Instagram Direct. ⏱ pic.twitter.com/LLsezVL2Hj
WhatsApp Disappearing Images Feature Has Loopholes
That said, there are a couple of loopholes in the WhatsApp disappearing images feature. For one, receivers can still take a screenshot of the disappearing image on WhatsApp, which can further be circulated on the popular messaging platform. Moreover, the feature doesn't alert the sender about the screenshot either.
In such scenarios, it could feel like WhatsApp is only bringing in these features to create a thin layer of privacy, which is filled with loopholes! Now that the issue is brought to light, it also remains unlikely that WhatsApp could update the feature as people can still take a screenshot of disappearing messages.
WhatsApp has been in the limelight for privacy and security concerns lately. Moreover, a lot of users began switching to other apps like Signal and Telegram. From the looks of it, the WhatsApp disappearing images feature is another attempt at not-loosing users.