TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nagrota Attack: Free Run For Terrorists
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- Launch Alert: Huawei Mate 20 Pro To Launch On 27th November
- Deepika And Ranveer Bangalore Reception: All You Need To Know!
- F1 Raceweek: Alonso Farewell Looms
- Typhus - Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
In order to enhance the WhatsApp experience for its consumers, Chinese smartphone giant Xiaomi has introduced a new service dubbed 'Mi Bunny.' The Xiaomi Mi Bunny is a free WhatsApp-based service that will push instant updates about the latest Xiaomi news, product launches, latest deals, reminders for sale, weekly MIUI update notifications and reminders about the upcoming MI Fan meet ups directly to your Xiaomi devices.
Apart from the aforementioned features, the service will also enable the users to raise customer support requests by texting 'Support' and following the on-screen instructions.
Here's how you can subscribe to Xiaomi Mi Bunny service for WhatsApp:
- Add +917760944500 to their contact list
- Text 'Xioami' (to get the welcome message)
- Text your name and city (to receive notifications of Mi events in your city)
Users can also unsubscribe the service anytime just by texting 'Stop,' says Xioami. The service is expected to be rolled out to all the users in the coming months, once the Beta testing is finished. Xiaomi has also promised to add more functionality to the Mi Bunny service in the near future.
The company's blog post reads: 'This service is currently being Beta tested and is limited to the functionalities mentioned above. More functionalities will be added soon. Customer privacy is of highest concern to Xiaomi. We shall ensure that your name, contact number, and location will not be accessible to third party services.'
WhatsApp on the other hand is also constantly updating its app with timely updates and bug fixes, aiming to offer a smoother user experience. The Facebook-owned service recently released its Business app - designed to help small businesses communicate with their clients and consumers.
The app was initially tested in select markets including the US, the UK, Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, and finally made its way to Indian market last month.
The Business app is available for download through Google Play in India. However, it is only compatible with devices running Android 4.0.3 and above. The app is also expected to be launched for the iOS users in the coming months.
Besides, WhatsApp Business also offers metrics to track the number of messages sent and read alongside support for WhatsApp Web enabling companies to communicate directly through a desktop.