- 14 min ago Last Week’s Most Trending Smartphones: Redmi Note 9 Pro, Galaxy A51, Realme C11 And More
- 1 hr ago Airtel Extends One Bill Services To Hyderabad; Plans To Add More Circles
- 2 hrs ago Google Meet India Users Can Enjoy Noise Cancellation Feature
- 2 hrs ago JioMeet Affect: Airtel Might Launch Video Conferencing App Soon
- Automobiles Hero Xtreme 200S And Xpulse 200T BS6 Compliant Models To Launch Soon: Details
- Movies Dil Bechara Trailer: Sushant Singh Rajput's Swan Song About Love & Hope Makes You Emotional
- News Ola, uber, Swiggy Zomato and others: How these unicorns are trying to fight coronavirus
- Sports Change in culture behind Indian Cricket Team's transformation in pace attack: Sourav Ganguly
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
- Finance Citi Cuts India's GDP Forecast To -6% On Delay In Flattening COVID-19 Curve
- Lifestyle Ayurvedic Remedies For Your Five Biggest Hair Problems
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Xiaomi Mi Pay officially announced: A threat to Google Pay and Paytm?
Xiaomi Mi Pay will be integrated into MIUI OS
At the Xiaomi Redmi Go launch event, the company has officially unveiled the Xiaomi Mi Pay, a UPI based payment app developed for MIUI ecosystem. Here is everything you need to know about the Mi Pay, the latest UPI based payment app from Xiaomi.
Pay bill, recharge your number with a single click
The features and functions of the Mi Pay are similar to other UPI payment system. Unlike the other UPI payment apps, say, the Google Pay, the Xiaomi Mi Pay will be deeply integrated into the MIUI operating system.
Using Mi Pay, one can recharge pre-paid numbers, pay post-paid bills, pay electricity bills, pay water-bill and more. The app will be made available on Mi Store. Unlike Samsung Pay, the Mi Pay cannot be used at kiosks and other swiping machines, as the Indian version of the Mi Pay does not support NFC payment.
Standout features of the Mi Pay
- Link your already existing UPI account using a single click and verify the account using OTP method
- Collect, request, and transfer money from other UPI platforms, say Google Pay, Paytm, and PhonePe
- Check your bank account balance with a single click
- Generate unique QR code for faster transactions (works across different UPI apps)
- Shop on Mi.com and pay using Xioami Mi Pay with a single click
Mi Pay, A threat to Google Pay and Paytm?
The Xiaomi Mi Pay will be integrated into the MIUI (the default OS on a majority of the Xiaomi smartphones). Users are more likely to use the Xiaomi Mi Pay, instead of downloading or installing third-party UPI payments apps like Google Pay, PhonePe, and Paytm, especially on entry-level smartphones, which comes with a limited amount of RAM and storage.
Xiaomi is expected to capture a large portion of the UPI payment market if the company aggressively push the Mi Pay app in the market using different marketing tactics.