- 2 hrs ago Redmi K20, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Go Get Permanent Price Cut Up To Rs. 3,000
- 5 hrs ago Exclusive: IQOO To Launch Smartphone In February, Sets 1 Million Sales Target
- 6 hrs ago TRAI Defends New Tariffs At Bombay High Court
- 6 hrs ago Reliance Jio Faces Tough Competition By WiFi Dabba, In Bengaluru
- Movies Darbar Box Office 13 Days Worldwide Collections: Rajinikanth Starrer Enters The 200-Crore Club!
- News BJP trying to revive pain of partition again through CAA, NRC, NPR: Kanhaiya Kumar
- Sports Australian Open: Nadal gallops to victory after grinding, Thiem survives scare, Kyrgios powers into third round
- Lifestyle 16 Amazing Ways To Tame Frizzy Hair Instantly
- Finance Best Travel Credit Cards in India
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Launched In India Starting At Rs 5.29 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Intel might soon launch a 9th Gen processor with a clock speed of 5.5 GHz
Intel Xenon series of processors are the most powerful SoC from Intel, which powers the devices like Apple iMac Pro
Recently Intel launched the limited edition Intel i7-8086K, which is the first Quad-core chipset from Intel with a clock speed of 5.0 GHz (on turbo boost). And now, the company is all for the launch of a new chipset, which can cross the 5.0 GHz clock-speed mark with a whopping 5.5 GHz clock speed.
The company is expected to announce the 9th Gen computer CPUs on the 1st of August, which is expected to feature groundbreaking technology to offer high-performance compared to the 8th Gen Intel processors.
Going by the recent trend from Intel, the company is expected to launch Core i3, i5, i7, and i9 processors with either a Quad-Core or Hexa-core setup (depending on the processor).
According to PC Builders Club, the company is expected to launch a new range of processors, which can go up to 5.5 GHz on overclocking. However, this source is not reliable and one should take this leak with a pinch of salt.
Here is a speculated list of 9th Gen Intel processors
- Core i9-9900K: 8-cores and 16-threads
- Core i7-9700K: 6-cores and 12-threads, clocked at 3.9GHz to 4.9GHz
- Core i5-9600K: 6-cores and 6-threads, clocked at 3.7GHz to 4.5GHz
- Core i5-9600K: 6-cores, 6-threads, clocked at 3.7GHz to 4.5GHz
- Core i5-9600: 6-cores, 6-threads, clocked at 3.1GHz to 4.5GHz
- Core i5-9500: 6-cores, 6-threads, clocked at 3.0GHz to 4.3GHz
- Core i5-9400: 6-cores, 6-threads, clocked at 2.9GHz to 4.1GHz
- Core i5-9400T: 6-cores, 6-threads, clocked at 1.8GHz to 3.4GHz
- Core i3-9100: 4-cores, 4-threads, clocked at 3.7GHz
- Core i3-9000: 4-cores, 4-threads, clocked at 3.7GHz
With this series of processors, Intel will be competing directly with the 2nd Gen Ryzen chipsets from AMD. These Ryzen chipsets from AMD come with lower clock speed compared to the Intel counterpart. However, the 2nd Gen Ryzen chipsets can offer up to 32 cores and 64 hyper-threads, where the Intel tops at 8 cores and 16 hyper-threads.
With the 8th Gen Coffee Lake processors, Intel launched a 6 core Core-i9 Chipset, which is the most powerful processor from the company, which also powers the devices like the MacBook Pro 15-inch (2018) model and other sets of laptops and notebooks from Dell, HP, and Levono.
Considering the leaks and speculations about the 9th Gen Intel chipsets, the company is most likely to launch the most powerful CPUs in the history of Intel, which are going to break the boundaries set by the other brands. Considering the specs list, these processors could be the most expensive SoC from Intel.