- 3 hrs ago Upcoming Vivo Smartphones Highly Anticipated To Launch in 2020
- 11 hrs ago Nokia C1, Android Go Smartphone Announced, But Lacks 4G Support
- 12 hrs ago ISRO Successfully Launches Risat Surveillance, Nine Commercial Satellites In 21 Minutes
- 14 hrs ago Tariff Hike Might Force Users Switch To Messaging Apps For Calls: Report
- News Ayodhya: How is a review petition heard and is it final
- Movies Chhapaak: Aamir Khan And Alia Bhatt Are Moved By The Trailer Of Deepika Padukone’s Film
- Sports India Vs West Indies: Records created in Wankhede T20I; Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma touch milestones
- Lifestyle Men On Bike Chase Runaway Horse Carriage Only To Meet With A Cringe-Worthy Fate
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Rapoo V500 Pro keyboard review: Good but not the best gaming keyboard
Rapoo v500 Pro is a compact gaming keyboard.
- Compact design
- Affordable price
- No palm rest
- No RGB lighting
The most outstanding thing about the Rapoo V500 Pro is the design. The keyboard has a plastic base with a thin metal sheet (aluminum) on the top. The keyboard has 104 keys in total including a dedicated numeric keypad. We can easily call this a full-sized mechanical keypad but it does not have any programmable keys.
The keypad has a compact form factor, where the company has not wasted any space on the keypad. As this is a mechanical keypad, it has a certain heft, which makes this keyboard immobile while gaming, which is a good element for a gaming keyboard.
The keyboard has a 1.2-meter long plastic cable with a USB type-A port on the other end of the cable, which lacks any sort of gold plating. Having a gold plating on the USB port will protect the SUB port from corrosion.
Accessories and Features
As this is a mechanical keyboard it comes with a nifty tool. The tool can be used to take out or replace individual keys on the keyboard with ease.
The keyboard uses a Blue Switch mechanism, just like most of the mechanical keypads at this price tag. This means, one can easily customize the keypad using third-party Blue switch keys.
The keyboard also has a spill-resistant design, where it can easily withstand coffee or other liquid spillage. This has to be serious because, if the keyboard gets damaged due to any kind of liquid, then it is not covered under the warranty. So careful on any liquid that you keep near the Rapoo V500 Pro.
I was happy with the key travel and the key response from the keyboard. I used this keyboard for more than a wek as my daily driver. I played games and I used the keyboard to write content as well. In terms of functionality, the keyboard never failed to impress me But, I felt that the keyboard is missing some key features.
The Rapoo V500 Pro is a backlit keypad, which offers a decent level of customization. The colors of the keys cannot be changed, but, one can easily increase or decrease the brightness of the keypad. Here are the functions that one can do.
Fn + Up or down arrow to increase or decrease brightness
Fn + Esc to toggle between Backlight off, Breathing backlight and Static Backlight
Fn+ side war arrow keys to increase or decrease the intensity of the backlight
t has a complete set of functional keys from F1 to F12. However, it misses out on the shortcut logos on the same. The manual does mention the shortcuts (most of it is in Chinese and Korean) but I felt it as a void. When I was playing a game I had to look at the manual at least for the first few days to increase or decrease the volume, which is a bummer.
I feel that a mechanical keypad should have palm rest and this keyboard lacks it. This lack of palm-rest is something which the company should have offered because when you are either playing a game or doing some work for more than an hour or so, your hands really hurt.
The Rapoo V500 Pro is a good entry-level keyboard under Rs 3000 price tag. I was impressed with the key response and the compact form factor. However, it misses out on a lot of features, which are offered by the competitors. If you are looking for a budget gaming and mechanical keyboard, then the Rapoo V500 Pro does the job well. However, it still needs some minor tweaks, hoping that rapoo will fix these issues in the next model.