- 1 hr ago Oppo K3 vs other mid-range smartphones with 6GB RAM
- 2 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy M series Android Pie update rollout to start from June 3
- 3 hrs ago Woman tries returning Amazon-purchased product directly to Jeff Bezos
- 4 hrs ago Redmi 7A with splash resistance announced: Price, specifications and features
- News Lok Sabha will see 78 women MPs, maximum so far
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Flawless At amfAR Gala 2019?
- Automobiles Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- Sports Cricket World Cup 2019: England captain Eoin Morgan suffers injury scare, to undergo a precautionary X-ray
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Reliance Jio to Launch 4K Set Top Boxes Based on Android in India: 5 Things to Know
Reliance Jio's 4K Set Top Boxes are believed to transform the way people watch TV by bringing control from Android Smartphone
After the super-successful launch in India, Reliance Jio is now setting stage to launch its new 4K UHD Set Top Boxes (STBs) in India. Followed by delivering free 4G internet, this is believed to be the Jio's second step towards its goal of building Digital Ecosystem in India.
Although the purchase of STBs has been a talk of the town for quite some time, the company is now planning to launch it in the country soon. Here is everything you need to know about this new Jio service.
The STB Processors would be Powerful
Albeit Reliance Jio is not yet finalized the date of STB launch for TV, it is expected the company will have three STBs differing in prices and hardware, where one of the high-end STBs would be powered by Broadcom chipset, the others would be powered by the Marvell processor.
STBs Would Support UHD Service
With the aim transform the viewing experience, Reliance Jio's high-end STBs would support 4K UHD by default. However, to get such picture quality, users would require a 4K supported TV for the best experience.
STBs to be Controlled by Android
Reportedly, the STBs would run on the Android Marshmallow version and it can turn any normal LCD/LED TV into a Smart TV which is connected to the internet.
It Will Have Google Play Support
While the STBs would come with the Google Play store pre-installed, Reliance will offer the Jio suite of apps including the Jio TV and Jio On Demand.
Price Comparatively Reasonable
The STBs are expected to be priced at Rs. 5,500.