- JioPhone software update brings Google Maps support
- Reliance Jio GigaFiber internet to cost Rs. 500 to Rs. 700 per month; November rollout likely
- JioPhone 2 and Jio GigaFiber announced at the AGM
- RIL 41st Annual General Meeting: Watch the live stream here
- Reliance JioFiber with 100GB per month at 100Mbps speed may launch soon in India
- Reliance Jio rolls out 3 data plans for JioLink users
After the super-successful launch in India, Reliance Jio is now setting stage to launch its new 4K UHD Set Top Boxes (STBs) in India. Followed by delivering free 4G internet, this is believed to be the Jio's second step towards its goal of building Digital Ecosystem in India.
Although the purchase of STBs has been a talk of the town for quite some time, the company is now planning to launch it in the country soon. Here is everything you need to know about this new Jio service.
The STB Processors would be Powerful
Albeit Reliance Jio is not yet finalized the date of STB launch for TV, it is expected the company will have three STBs differing in prices and hardware, where one of the high-end STBs would be powered by Broadcom chipset, the others would be powered by the Marvell processor.
STBs Would Support UHD Service
With the aim transform the viewing experience, Reliance Jio's high-end STBs would support 4K UHD by default. However, to get such picture quality, users would require a 4K supported TV for the best experience.
STBs to be Controlled by Android
Reportedly, the STBs would run on the Android Marshmallow version and it can turn any normal LCD/LED TV into a Smart TV which is connected to the internet.
It Will Have Google Play Support
While the STBs would come with the Google Play store pre-installed, Reliance will offer the Jio suite of apps including the Jio TV and Jio On Demand.
Price Comparatively Reasonable
The STBs are expected to be priced at Rs. 5,500.