- Microsoft 365 receives Whiteboard Windows 10 app and a free version Teams
- Dell India unveils new Alienware laptops, G series gaming notebooks and Inspiron AIOs
- iBall CompBook M500 laptop launched starting Rs. 16,999
- Microsoft QuickLook app brings Mac's Preview feature to Windows 10 PCs
- Smartron t.book Flex Review: Versatile Windows 2-in-1 Convertible for everyday jobs
- How to hide files on Windows and macOS?
Microsoft said last year that computers running Windows 8.1 will be eligible for Windows 10 Updates. Microsoft stated that all Computers who have pirated Software will not be eligible for Windows 10 updates. Microsoft has device compatibility for Windows 10. You can check if your Device can use Windows 10 by simply downloading a driver.
However, if you still want to stick to the older version of Windows (say 8.1) for some reason and discover that your new Windows 10 device does not support all drivers for your device, you might be in for trouble.
Here are a couple of ways you can stop automatic updates:
You can go to Update & Recovery > Choose How Updates Get installed
Choose the Option from the Drop Down Menu > Never Check for Updates (Not Recommended)
Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Windows Update > Change Settings
Click on the Drop Down Menu and select "Never Check for Updates( Not Recommended)"
Windows will Update only with your consent.
Windows will now Update, because you changed your mind