- 1 min ago Elon Musk Wants To Nuke Mars To Make It Habitable For Humans
- 21 min ago Reliance Jio Effect: Airtel To Launch New Plans For Postpaid Users
- 46 min ago Nintendo Offering Users To Exchange Their Old Switch With New One
- 1 hr ago Vivo V17 Series To Offer Quad-Cameras, Dual Pop-Up Selfie Camera: Report
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- Movies A Cold War Brewing Between Deepika Padukone And Salman Khan? Here’s Why Bhai Is Miffed With Her
- News Indian Army jawan martyred in ceasefire violation by Pakistan
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Announce Job Cuts For Over 3000 Temporary Employees: Here’s Why!
- Finance SpiceJet To Introduce 12 New Domestic Flights From October
- Sports Rumour Has It: United and City to battle for Dortmund's Sancho
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
COOLEST DIY: How to Turn Your Old Smartphone or Tablet into a Security Camera
Do you have an old smartphone or tablet and you don't know how exactly you can use it? Well, there are many DIY techniques that you can try to use your old device in a creative way.
One such creative use of your old smartphone or tablet is to use it as a security camera. Well, you can save the expense of buying a separate security camera to safeguard your home by using the unused device that is lying idle in your drawer.
There is a good selection of Android apps that can be used to re-purpose your old smartphone or tablet as a security camera. Take a look at how you can do it from here.
Old Smatphone or Tablet Webcams
You can convert any old device irrespective of the operating system such as Android, Windows Phone, iOS or BlackBerry into a security camera. This is a great way of making everything secure within your budget.
This is possible as long as there is a suitable app to do so. The software will let you use the old device as a webcam and alert you when any movement is detected. Moreover, this will not require a central PC to manage the feeds or store the images.
Salient Eye App
The Salient Eye app that is available for free on Android will not offer the usual IP webcam functionality that you usually expect from the security camera apps. Instead, this one will snap photos and also play a loud alarm when any movement is detected. The images are saved to the device that is used as the security camera and you can specify your number or email address to which you want these photos to be sent.
Salient Eye Doesn't Consume a Lot of Battery Life
The Salient Eye app can run on a low energy profile. It can run for up to 10 hours on the battery life of your smartphone or tablet. The highlight is that it will be active even if the display is turned off.
Salient Eye is Simple to Setup
You need to run the app and go to Settings and choose the Disarm Password and the Camera that you want the application to use. You can add the email address under the e-mail Settings and phone number under SMS Settings. Then, there are options for notifications for Network disconnection, low Battery and low Power Supply. Set up an Event Page where the intruders images will be uploaded. Check the box and the page will be automatically created.
Salient Eye Security Remote
This is the remote option that will enable you to keep a check on what is actually happening from another device. The Salient Eye Security Remote app is also available for free. To use this remote, you must sign into the account you had created on the first device from Settings.