- 5 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy M11, Galaxy A11, Galaxy M31 Get Wi-Fi Certification
- 6 hrs ago Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 Hands-On: 14” Portable Gaming Laptop With AMD’s Latest Ryzen 4000 Series CPU
- 6 hrs ago Vodafone Offering 270GB Data With Its Rs. 997 Prepaid Plan
- 7 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite Vs Galaxy S10 Lite: Battle Of Value Flagships
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Movies Troll Asks Shah Rukh Khan To Respond To His Failures, ‘Bas Aap Dua Mein Yaad Rakhna’ Is His Reply!
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Lifestyle Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
How To Install Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 To Android 5.1.1 With Nightly Lollipop Custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini owners can now take the advantage of Nightly custom built ROM to update their smartphone to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system.
Samsung has officially completed the update cycle for Galaxy S4 Mini, that means the phone will not get any major updates officially. But, thanks to Android Open Source Code, so you can easily install custom ROM on your devices.
With the CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly custom firmware build, now users can get the benefit of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system on old smartphones. This tutorial will guide you to install Android 5.1.1 CM 12.1 Nightly Lollipop custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (I9190).
Points to remember before installing custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
1. This tutorial is only for installing Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM by CM12.1 Nightly for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with model number I9190. Do not try to install on any devices including other Galaxy S4 Mini variants.
2. The smartphone should be rooted with the latest recovery system before installing the custom ROM and have latest ClockworkMod recovery installed in the device.
3. Backup all the data and additional files; Installing custom ROM will wipe the memory of the smartphone.
4. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini should have at-least 60 percent or above battery to avoid power off during the installation process.
5. Ensure Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini USB drivers are installed on the PC.
Before proceeding for installation, download below files to your computer.
Google Apps (GApps)
Step-by-Step Installation Guide
Step 1: Connect and mount Galaxy S4 Mini to computer via USB cable.
Step 2: Copy and paste the downloaded files (Andorid 5.1.1 CM12.1 Nightly ROM.zip and Google Apps.zip) to SD card root. Do not paste the downloaded zip files to device memory or inside any other folders.
Step 3: After copying the files to SD card, switch off the device and disconnect from PC.
Step 4: Now boot the smartphone to Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
Step 5: Once you are in the ClockworkMod Recovery, perform full data wipe by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset' option.
Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select, while operating in the recovery mode.
Step 6: Now, clear the cache memory of the device by choosing 'wipe cache partition'.
Step 7: Go back to recovery mode and select 'advance' and choose 'wipe dalvik cache' to perform complete wipe.
Step 8: Again come back to main menu of recovery mode and select on 'install zip from SD card'. Navigate to the SD card to select the downloaded file; Android 5.1.1 ROM.zip
Installing custom ROM might take few minutes, do not interrupt the installation process.
Step 9: Repeat the step 8 to install Google Apps, after the custom ROM installation completes.
Step 10: Reboot the smartphone from recovery mode by selecting 'reboot system now'. The Galaxy S4 Mini will take at least 5 minutes to boot for the first time with custom ROM installed.
Once the smartphone starts, finish all recommended setups and verify the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom build installed on the device. To verify, go to device Settings >> About Phone and check details.
[Note: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the smartphone. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]