Chinese handset maker Xiaomi rolled out the MIUI 7 Beta version 5.8.22, an Android based update including several new features designed for Indian smartphone users.
The latest version of MIUI features a colorful interface with improved performance like battery-saving optimizations and wide variety of personalization options.
Xiaomi claims that the MIUI is 30 percent faster in response time while launching system apps and 10 percent battery life in daily usage. Furthermore, the MIUI 7 brings in all new features to the smartphone especially in India.
The MIUI 7 update is not be available for Xiaomi smartphone over-the-air (OTA) right now, which means, interested users have to manually download and install the latest MIUI build on your Xiaomi smartphone.
Key Features of MIUI 7 Beta 5.8.22
- Optimization - System response speed increased by 30 percent and battery life improved by 10 percent.
- Contact cards
- Showtime - Set profile video to show in your contact
- New look for Lock screen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
- Child Mode
- Added four default themes
MIUI 7 Supported Devices
As of now the latest MIUI 7 supports: Xiaomi Mi 4i, Xiaomi Mi 4, Xiaomi Mi 3, Xiaomi Redmi 1S, Xiaomi Redmi 2, Xiaomi Redmi Note and Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G.
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install MIUI 7 update on Xiaomi smartphones. Read every single point and steps carefully before performing the installation on your handset. Take a look at the slider below to know how to install the MIUI 7 update on Xiaomi smartphones.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is highly technical. If the device brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the devices. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]
Points To Remember
1. Backup all the important data, additional files and settings of the smartphone.
2. Make sure that your Xiaomi smartphone has atleast 80 percent or above battery charge to avoid power off during the installation process.
3. Ensure USB drivers of Galaxy A5 are installed on your computer.
4. Disable all security lock including pattern lock, pin, etc. in the device.
5. This tutorial is only to install MIUI 7 Beta version on above mentioned Xiaomi devices. Installing this firmware on any other smartphone could brick the device.
6. The MIUI 7 ROM is still in beta stage, which means there could be unfixed bugs and likely to be unstable and even lead to data loss.
Download MIUI 7 For Xiaomi Smartphones
You need to download the MIUI 7 build corresponding to your Xiaomi Smartphone to your computer from the links given below.
MIUI 7 for Xiaomi Mi 4i - Recovery ROM
MIUI 7 for Xiaomi Mi 4 - Recovery ROM
MIUI 7 for Xiaomi Mi 3 - Recovery ROM
Rename Downloaded Files
Once you have downloaded the ROM zip files corresponding to your device from the links provided in the previous step, rename them as update.zip.
Copy Downloaded Files
Now, connect your Xiaomi smartphone to you PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded update.zip file into the root directory of the internal storage of your smartphone. Make sure the files are copied to the SD card root and not in any folders.
Enter Recovery mode
Power off your Xiaomi smartphone and disconnect from the USB cable. To boot the smartphone into the recovery mode. Switch on the smartphone by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power keys together. [Once you are in Recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select.]
After entering the Recovery mode, select your preferred language and select "install update.zip to System One" and confirm. Now, your device will start updating. Wait until the update completes successfully and select Reboot to System One. Your Xiaomi smartphone should now run on the latest MIUI 7.