TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Rooting an Android smartphone gives an access to special features and abilities. Just a few years before, rooting a smartphone was pretty easy, which only involved two or three steps. And now, most of the Android smartphones come with a locked bootloader, and users have to unlock the bootloader to root or even to install a custom recovery or a custom ROM.
Note: Unlocking a bootloader on a Xiaomi smartphone will wipe the internal storage, so make sure that you back up the data before unlocking the bootloader.
Request permission to unlock the bootloader from Xiaomi
A user has to submit an application on the Xiaomi Bootloader unlock website to unlock the bootloader on a Xiaomi smartphone. Go to Mi Unlocker website and click on unlock now.
Login into the website with your Xiaomi account credentials and submit your request. Then, you will receive a text message (takes 3 days to 21 days). After receiving the text message you can unlock your Xiaomi smartphone at any time.
Change these settings on the smartphone
On your Xiaomi smartphone go to Settings > About smartphone > Build number > and click on the build number for 7 times to enable developer options.
- Go to Settings > Additional settings > Developers options and enable OEM unlock
- Go to Settings > Additional settings > Developers options > enable unlock bootloader
- Go to Settings > Additional settings > Developers options > enable USB debugging
The final step
Download the Mi unlock tool from Xiaomi official website on a Windows computer and sign-in the app using the Mi Account used on the Xiaomi smartphone that you are going to unlock
Take your smartphone to fast boot mode (Turn off the phone, press volume down + power button until you hear the haptic feedback)
Connect the smartphone to the PC and press unlock (make sure that the laptop is connected to an active internet connection).
If you have followed all the necessary steps, then you have successfully unlocked the bootloader and your smartphone will reboot with a new boot animation.