- A new Android-based malware campaign is spreading through legitimate websites
- 3 types of antivirus scans and when to use them
- How to know if the File is safe for download
- Petya ransomware causes chaos: Enable this fix to prevent spreading
- Computer Virus – Things that are surprisingly older in the internet world
- How to remove WannaCry virus from your computer
As of now, everyone knows about the ransomware attack that shook the world with malicious software attack.
So what exactly is Ransomware? Wannacry Ransomeware?
What is Ransomware?
Basically, Ransomware is a cyber attack that allows the hackers to take control of all data files or complete system that makes inaccessible until a ransom is paid.
Wannacry is a Ransomeware that encrypts all the data files on the hacked system and asks the user to pay $300 (Rs. 19,221) to get it back. If the amount in not paid in three days, the amount will double and if suppose the affected user didn't pay after seven days, the data will get deleted.
Who are all got affected with this?
Over 150 countries got affected in less than a day observing over 57,000 infections. This ransomeware has already affected high profile organization in Spain, UK, China and other countries including India. It includes clinics, hospitals UK, telecom, gas and other utility providers.
In India, 18 Police units got affected in Chittoor, Krishna, Guntur, Visakhapatnam and Srikakulam districts. As per the report, enterprises in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, and Chennai have also been affected.
How WannaCry was made?
The hackers made this WannaCry ransomeware using a tool of NSA code released last month by a hacking group known as the Shadow Brokers. They released Eternal Blue as part of hacking tools that they said belonged to the US spy agency.