- 1 hr ago Get your dream device at a never before price with Samsung’s NO MO’ FOMO sale
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Hybrid With 27.97 Km/l Fuel Efficiency Launched
- 2 hrs ago Vivo X Fold+ Foldable Smartphone With 50MP Quad Cameras Announced
- 3 hrs ago AMD Ryzen 7 7700X Review: Best Mainstream Gaming Processor Out There
- Sports Determined to make big contributions to team's success in big events: Forward Gurjant Singh
- News RRB Jobs 2019: Recruitment of all five NTPC levels completed, check details here
- Movies Sreenath Bhasi Gets Arrested For Allegedly Insulting An Interviewer
- Finance Brokerage Bullish On This Large Cap Tata Group Stock, Sees 41% Potential Upside, Suggests Buy
- Education Declaration of Result of the Common University Entrance Test [CUET PG] -2022
- Automobiles Mahindra Scorpio N Deliveries Commence - Z8L Variant Gets Top Priority
- Lifestyle Easy Ways To Make Your Foundation Look Like Second Skin
- Travel The Matheran Hill Railway: India's Most Scenic Train Journey
FASTag Mandatory Starting Today Midnight: Check Here All Details
The central government has announced that FASTag will be mandatory for all vehicles in India from today (February 15) at midnight. The FASTag is based on radio frequency identification (RFID) technology, introduced by the Indian Government for all vehicles back in 2018.
Previously, Union transport minister Nitin Gadkari announced that all vehicles should have FASTag from January 1, 2021. However, it was extended to February 15. FASTag allows you to drive non-stop across toll plazas in the country. Now, there are many questions circulating on the internet such as what is FASTag, how do you get FASTag. Check out below all details about the FASTag.
What Is FASTag?
FASTag is a digital toll collection method that will be linked with your account from where the particular toll amount will be deducted. With this digital payment method, you can save time without waiting for payments. The Indian Government also tied up with 23 banks for FASTag. So, you can apply for FASTag online from your preferred bank website.
How To Get FASTag?
The FASTag can be purchased from toll plazas and also some petrol pumps. Besides, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has a total of 40,000 points of sale locations where you can get it directly.
It can also be purchased from banks' websites including Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, IDFC Bank, State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, and more.
How To Recharge FASTag Online?
At first, you need to pay a total of Rs. 200. One is a re-issuance fee of Rs. 100, and a refundable deposit of Rs. 100. If you linked the FASTag to NHAI prepaid wallet, then you can recharge it via cheque /debit card/ credit card/ NEFT/ Net Banking, etc. Besides, you can recharge FASTag using PhonePe, Paytm, BHIM.
How To Apply FASTag Online Via Banks?
Step 1: Visit your preferred bank's official website then search for the 'Get FASTag' / 'Apply for FASTag' link which is available on the homepage of the site.
Step 2: After that, you need to submit your valid docs (Adhar card, Address proof, contact details).
Step 3: Once you submit the application form online, you can get multiple online payment options. Once your payment is done save the copy of the FASTag receipt and payment receipt.