- 56 min ago Vivo X90 Goes Global With A Dimensity 9200 SoC, Zeiss Optics: Price, Specifications
- 1 hr ago Redmi Note 9 Pro Vs Redmi Note 11: Specs, Display, Features, Compared
- 17 hrs ago Realme 10 Pro Coca-Cola Edition India Launch Confirmed: Pre-Booking May Earn Free Smartphone
- 18 hrs ago OPPO Reno8 T 5G First Look: Reigniting The Segment With Power-Packed Features
- News MP police arrest PFI member for conspiring against government
- Movies Thalaikoothal Day 1 Box Office Collection: Samuthirakani & Kathir Starrer Attracts Family Audience
- Finance Budget Shines Bright For Lab Grown 'Diamonds'
- Sports India add Four Spinners as net bowlers ahead of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy
- Automobiles Tata Tiago EV Deliveries Commence – Long-Range Models Prioritised
- Education 10 Tips to Enhance Concentration During Exams
- Lifestyle Can Valentine's Day Have A Negative Influence On Romantic Partners?
- Travel Honeymoon special: Most Romantic cities in the World
FASTag Mandatory Starting Today Midnight: Check Here All Details
The central government has announced that FASTag will be mandatory for all vehicles in India from today (February 15) at midnight. The FASTag is based on radio frequency identification (RFID) technology, introduced by the Indian Government for all vehicles back in 2018.
Previously, Union transport minister Nitin Gadkari announced that all vehicles should have FASTag from January 1, 2021. However, it was extended to February 15. FASTag allows you to drive non-stop across toll plazas in the country. Now, there are many questions circulating on the internet such as what is FASTag, how do you get FASTag. Check out below all details about the FASTag.
What Is FASTag?
FASTag is a digital toll collection method that will be linked with your account from where the particular toll amount will be deducted. With this digital payment method, you can save time without waiting for payments. The Indian Government also tied up with 23 banks for FASTag. So, you can apply for FASTag online from your preferred bank website.
How To Get FASTag?
The FASTag can be purchased from toll plazas and also some petrol pumps. Besides, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has a total of 40,000 points of sale locations where you can get it directly.
It can also be purchased from banks' websites including Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, IDFC Bank, State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, and more.
How To Recharge FASTag Online?
At first, you need to pay a total of Rs. 200. One is a re-issuance fee of Rs. 100, and a refundable deposit of Rs. 100. If you linked the FASTag to NHAI prepaid wallet, then you can recharge it via cheque /debit card/ credit card/ NEFT/ Net Banking, etc. Besides, you can recharge FASTag using PhonePe, Paytm, BHIM.
How To Apply FASTag Online Via Banks?
Step 1: Visit your preferred bank's official website then search for the 'Get FASTag' / 'Apply for FASTag' link which is available on the homepage of the site.
Step 2: After that, you need to submit your valid docs (Adhar card, Address proof, contact details).
Step 3: Once you submit the application form online, you can get multiple online payment options. Once your payment is done save the copy of the FASTag receipt and payment receipt.