- 1 min ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 2 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 3 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 12 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- News With fresh avalanches, bodies of mountaineers may have sunk deeper
- Sports Karthik likely for India in shortened game; Shadab, Haris may come in for Pakistan
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor FEELS LIKE THIS About Playing A Cop In Prabhas Starrer 'Saaho'!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Online shopping prevents hypertension, depression: Study
Online shopping prevents work-related stress and several types of health issues caused by it like hypertension and depression, a study revealed on Friday.
The study, conducted over a period of six months, has also showed that over 40 percent of professionals world wide consider online shopping as solution for their stress and depression caused due to their work.
During the survey, which was conducted across major cities including Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi and Pune, it was revealed that most of the people found that online shopping was an easier way to lower stress as it needed less efforts.
The study, conducted by leading web portal Shop Pirate, revealed that 45 percent of the people in India voted online shopping to be the best way to ensure temporary distraction from anxieties caused by the work.
According to the health ministry, 40 percent of the people in cities and 20 percent in rural India suffer from hypertension and the number was fast increasing due a sedentary lifestyle and hectic working official working hours.
Medical experts rate hyper tension and depression as the leading factor for a slew of diseases including heart attacks, paralysis, renal failure and thickening of the arteries.
SEE ALSO: Celebrate #instaDiwali with Bajaj Finserv & GizBot, stand a chance to win Nexus 5X
"While shopping, their level of oxytocin, hormone of love and happiness, increases due to excitement. It's like when we kiss or hug our loved one, we feel this hormone and our happiness grew. This helps in decreasing stress level and relieving shoppers who gets feeling of achievement," Kulpreet Kaur, co-founder of Shoppirate.in, said in a statement.