TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Apple Rumored To Be Working On 4 Inch iPhone
While they seem to have quietened down as of late, however, a new report injects some life into the story by claiming that Apple display panel maker AU Optronics is one of several companies involved with manufacturing 4-inch iPhone panels - for a device which could ship as early as Q1 2016.
Recommended Link: Xiamoi Mi 16000mAh Power Bank Launched In India At Rs.1,399
However according to rumors, he new 4-inch device could be a replacement for the iPhone 5c, which currently occupies the low end of Apple's smartphone lineup. According to Arcuri, the new 4-inch "iPhone 6s mini" may include "purpose-built low cost components" from Qualcomm to keep the price down.
The existence of the 4-inch iPhone is a bit contentious at this point in time. This is not the first time that AUO has been named as the supplier for the 4-inch display panels.
Apple touted its smaller screen sizes as an advantage over competitors, as the 4-inch form factor allowed users to operate the device easily with one hand. But with consumers showing a preference for larger displays, Apple made the change this year to larger screens, and included a new "Reachability" feature to aid in one-handed use.
Recommended Link: WWDC 2015: 5 Biggest Announcements To Expect From Apple
We are skeptical that such a device exists, after all why would Apple want to release a 4-inch iPhone when they've already increased its screen size?
In any case as is the case with all rumors, especially Apple-related ones, do take it with a grain of salt for now.