- 12 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy S21+ CAD Renders Show Rear Camera, Flat Screen And More
- 13 hrs ago WD Purple SC QD101 MicroSD Review: Tailor-Made For Modern-Day Security Cameras
- 14 hrs ago Apple iPhone 12 Mini Vs iPhone SE 2020: The Best Small-Sized Phone
- 15 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy A02s Spotted On Geekbench Featuring Snapdragon 450 Chip
- Movies Dussehra 2020: TV Celebs Miss The Festive Fervour This Year Due To The Ongoing COVID-19 Crisis
- News Improve economy instead of toppling govts: Uddhav Thackeray to BJP
- Finance Future Group-Reliance Deal Put On Hold On Amazon Arbitration Verdict: Report
- Sports Sabalenka too strong for Azarenka in Ostrava final
- Lifestyle 12 Simple Exercise Tips For People With Diabetes
- Automobiles 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Coolpad Mega 2.5D vs Xiaomi Redmi 3S: Which is a Better Buy at Rs 6,999
With the popularity of smartphones and the demand for advanced features at low price tags, many makers are coming up with devices that are priced in the sub-Rs 10,000 price bracket with 4G connectivity and other impressive features.
Lately, there have been quite some affordable launches in the Indian smartphone space. Coolpad announced the launch of Mega 2.5D smartphone in India at a price of Rs 6,999. This phone will be available exclusively on Amazon from August 24 via flash sale mode and the registrations are already open.
Another device that has been launched with this price tag is the Xiaomi Redmi 3S that is priced at Rs 6,999 for the non-fingerprint variant. This phone can be purchased via open sale on both Mi.com and Flipkart and the sale debuts on August 16.
Also Read: Top 15 Smartphones at Up to 50% Discount
Go through the comparison below to know how these phones are different from each other.
Coolpad Mega 2.5D flaunts a 2.5D curved glass screen
The Coolpad phone arrives with a 5.5-inch HD 720p 2.5D curved glass display and it features 73% screen-to-body ratio. On the other hand, the Redmi 3S is given a 5-inch IPS display with a similar HD 720p resolution.
Hardware wise, both are moderate
When it comes to the hardware aspects, the Coolpad phone makes use of a quad-core 1 GHz MediaTek processor teamed up with Mali-T720 GPU. This processor is teamed up with 3 GB of RAM. Going by the comparison, the Xiaomi phone employs an octa-core Snapdragon 430 processor with Adreno 505 graphics and 2 GB RAM. There is 16 GB of native storage capacity that can be expanded further in both phones.
Both run Android Marshmallow
Both the phones are based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. The difference is that the Coolpad phone is topped with the CoolUI 8.0 whereas the Xiaomi device runs on MIUI 7 and it will receive the MIUI 8 update soon.
Click great selfies with the Coolpad Mega 2.5D
The Coolpad selfie-centric phone features an 8 MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash, Sony sensor and f/2.2 aperture, and a front-facing 8 MP camera with 83.6-degrees wide-angle lens and f/2.2 aperture. The front camera has smart beautification features too. On the other hand, the Redmi 3S comes with a 13 MP rear camera with PDAF, LED flash and f/2.0 aperture and a 5 MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture.
Connectivity features are alike
Both the smartphones are bundled with similar connectivity features such as 4G LTE and support dual SIM cards. The drawback with the Xiaomi phone is that it features a Hybrid Dual SIM slot and not a dedicated second SIM slot.
Redmi 3S has a generous battery
Xiaomi has given a generous 4,100 mAh battery to the Redmi 3S whereas there is a standard 2,500 mAh battery in the Coolpad Mega 2.5D. Eventually, we can expect the Xiaomi phone to last for longer without any concern on the battery life.
Both the smartphones are priced similarly at Rs 6,999, but they are quite different in terms of specs and features. To be clear, the Redmi 3S has a capacious battery, an octa-core processor and packs more pixels. On the other hand, the Coolpad offering comes with selfie-centric features and a larger display.