In today's smartphone scenario, one of the most important specs that anyone would love to have is an "amazing camera". Indeed, the camera in smartphones have come a long way over the last few years and revolutionized the photography with lots of amazing features and the quality of images.
Today, GizBot has two new flagship smartphones to compare - the Sony Xperia Z5 and LG Nexus 5X. Today, we are going to compare the camera of both the smartphones based on sample pictures taken during our review.
Best known for its camera, Sony has upgraded it's Xperia Z5 with 23MP on the back, while the front camera remains same as Xperia Z3+ with 5.1MP. On the other hand, the LG made Nexus 5X also raised their camera specs drastically from 8MP to 12.3MP on the back and 1.3MP to 5MP on the front.
Let's take a look at the sample image comparison of Sony Xperia Z5 vs LG manufactured Google Nexus 5X.
(Note: Image on the right side is clicked with Xperia Z5, while the left side image is clicked with LG Nexus 5X)
- This picture was taken in studio with proper indoor lighting. As you can see, the LG Nexus 5X has edge-over the most hyped Sony Xperia Z5. Comparatively the image taken by Nexus 5X is brighter than Xperia Z5's.
- During the low-light conditions, the noise is less in the Nexus 5X when compared to Xperia Z5.
- In the above image, the picture on the right side shot from Xperia Z5 is over exposed, while the Nexus 5X showcases the natural color.
- Here, the Xperia Z5 image is sharp and natural, giving more details when compared to Nexus 5X's image.
- In this image, the red, blue and black colors on the right side looks more brighter than on the left, which is bit dark and under-exposed.
- This picture was taken in the natural light. The image on the right side shares the light equally, while the image on the left side has problem in it.
- We tried to test the OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) feature. But unfortunately, both the smartphones lacks it.
- In this image, the Nexus 5X image looks bluish, while the Hue saturation is high on the other side.
And the last one!
Both the smartphones have their own pro's and con's in terms of imaging factor.
Even though, both performs well in broad day-light, the Nexus 5X scores during low light conditions.
In terms of camera features, the Xperia Z5 wins hands down with lots of customization options inside it.
On the other hand, it is disappointing to see LG Nexus 5X, lacking customization options.
Those who want to enjoy thorough photography with lots of customization, then Sony Xperia Z5 is the deal for you.
If you want to experience good photography in half the cost, go ahead with Google Nexus 5X!
Sony Xperia Z5 -- Key Specifications
Moving to the specifications of the device, this Xperia Z5 comes packed with 5.2-inch display and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 SoC, featuring a 64-bit Octa-core processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB of internal memory with expandable options. Supporting 4G LTE connectivity, this device is powered by a 2900mAh battery under the panel.
The Xperia Z5 features a 23MP rear camera with face detection and LED Flash. Other features include Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama.
Moving on to the front, this premium smartphone has 5.1MP camera capable of recording 1080p videos.
LG Nexus 5X -- Key Specifications
On the other hand, LG Nexus 5X comes with 5.2-inch Full HD (1080p) display, Snapdragon 808 chipset, 3GB RAM, 16GB/32GB internal memory, 2MP rear camera, USB Type-C, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Fingerprint sensor. It is powered by a 2,700mAh battery.
The LG Nexus 5X comes with 12.3MP rear camera with laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash and 1.55µm pixel size.
Other features include geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama and also capable of taking 2160p video at 30fps. On the front, this Google device flaunts a 5MP snapper for selfies and Skype.