- 5 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy M14 5G Renders, Color Options Leaked: India Launch Imminent
- 6 hrs ago India Budget 2023: Homegrown Smartphones, TVs, Electric Vehicles to Get Cheaper
- 7 hrs ago Apex Legends Mobile and Battlefield Mobile Shutting Down in May
- 7 hrs ago How Dell Technologies' Hardware and Services Help Small Businesses and Start-ups Stay Ahead of the Game
- Movies Josh Artist Dilip Wins Hearts, Reaches Dance World Cup Held in Portugal ; Continues To Make Nation Proud
- News Muslim woman accuses 3 Hindus of kidnapping and raping her; cops find it to be 'false complaint'
- Sports Shubman Gill surpasses Virat Kohli to become India's highest individual scorer in T20Is
- Lifestyle Shaligram: Puja Rituals, Benefits, And Types Most Commonly Found
- Finance Buy 3 Oil & Gas, Metal Sector Stocks Including Maharatna Stock For Gains Up To 48%: ICICI Securities
- Automobiles Ather Rolls Out 100,000th EV From Production Line - Record-Breaking January Sales
- Education GATE 2023: Exam will be held on Feburary 4; Check Details Here
- Travel Amazing New Restaurants in Bangalore to visit this year
How To Prevent Data Loss While Updating Your OnePlus 7T
(UPDATE- The below mentioned steps to prevent data loss are for the early OnePlus 7T test units handed over to the Media people and Reviewers. As per OnePlus, the retail units are optimized with the OTA update.)
I recently switched to the newly launched OnePlus 7T smartphone. Within the first week of using the OnePlus 7T as my primary device, I got a notification for an OTA update with the build number- Oxygen OS 10.0.3.HD65AA. The new OTA update brings the September Android Security Patch and also claims to improve the camera performance, photo quality, and overall user-experience on the OnePlus 7T.
As I went ahead with the installation process (93 % Battery), to my surprise, the device booted up with the recovery screen, which is not the usual case when Android devices from other OEMs receive any OTA updates. The update process was not interrupted by any means so the possibility of an improper OS installation was out of the question.
The recovery screen offered limited choices to complete the update process. To my surprise again, our OnePlus 7T review unit rebooted automatically and went straight onto the Android startup screen even before letting us perform any steps. This led to total loss of data stored on the device which included call logs, phone messages, apps, pictures and other multimedia files.
If you have recently purchased the OnePlus 7T and haven't updated the handset with the latest OTA update, follow these steps to prevent data loss due to the buggy OnePlus update process. Don't forget to back up all the data on the device before installing the new update.
Follow The Below Mentioned Steps To Prevent Data Loss On OnePlus' Buggy Update Cycle:
(Note: These steps are released by OnePlus As A Fix To OnePlus 7T Software Update Issues)
• Download the OTA package from this link and keep the package in Root file. Enter Settings -- System Updates -- Settings (Top Right Corner) -- Local Upgrade -- Via the full OTA package -- Install Now
• Confirm Reboot once the upgrade is done
• Once the device enters Recovery Mode | Choose English -- Wipe Data and Cache -- Erase Everything - Continue -- Reboot
• The process needs to be done again: Download the OTA again and keep it in SD card
• Enter Setting -- System Updates -- Settings (Top Right Corner) -- Local Upgrade -- Via the full OTA package -- Install Now
• Confirm Reboot once the upgrade is done
We couldn't follow the steps as we had already updated our OnePlus 7T unit. We strongly recommend you to backup all your data including call logs, messages, apps, and multimedia files before initiating the update process on the OnePlus 7T.
Notably, this is not the first time that OnePlus users have reported issues with the OTA updates. Recently, some OnePlus 7/7 Pro users reported that their devices won't boot up after an update. The devices were bricked even with proper OS installation process being followed. In such cases, you are left with little or no choice to setup the device from the scratch which can be really painful.
Let us know if you face any issues while updating the OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro or the recently launched OnePlus 7T.