- 3 hrs ago Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- 7 hrs ago Airtel Payments Bank rolls out Aadhaar-Enabled Payment System
- 7 hrs ago Instagram Progressive Web App With Direct Message Released On Windows 10
- 7 hrs ago Flipkart Flipstart Days: Upto 80% Off On TVs, Electronics, Accessories, Home Essential And More
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Automobiles Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
10 Motorola Phones that Changed the Smartphone World!
Motorola has always been a game changer and a pioneer. It was Motorola which invented the first Mobile phone before other companies jumped into the game. Motorola was there much before Nokia, Samsung or any other brand out there.The brand has led innovation in the mobile space. However, owing to financial problems the company was shut down and later on it was started again when it made its first Android Smartphone - The Moto G
The company later switched hands. Google Bought Motorola and the company became Motorola Solutions. In January 2014, Google sold of Motorola Mobility to Lenovo. Recently Lenovo had made an official statement that the Motorola range of phones would continue to be sold and that popular phones like Moto G and Moto E would continue to be part of the deal.However, Lenovo said that the Motorola brands would now be used for high-end phones.Its still not clear if the phone maker which invented the first phone will continue with the new brand name.
Motorola DynaTAC Prototype (1973)
This was the first Mobile phone ever made to make the first call back in 1973. This was not a pocket friendly device like the ones we see today. It was the first phone that measured 13cm thick and weighed 1.1 Kg. It is a revolutionary device.
Motorola DynaTAC 8000X 1983
This was the phone that was first commercially available to consumers at a cost of $3,995.00. While the phone was portable and easy to carry, it took 10 hours to charge and did not have a talk time of more than 30 minutes.
Motorola MicroTAC (1989)
The Motorola MicroTAC 1989 was a very popular phone in the 80's and 90's. It was a stylish phone way back as it had a pull out aerial like a radio antenna and it also had also flip front.
Motorola One2One M300 (1993)
The Motorola One2One M300 was launched in 1993 and was the first phone to support 1800Mhz PCN Bands.The phone as usual was revolutionary.
Motorola StarTAC 1997
This is the first clam-shell or flip phone and it was inspired by Star Trek.The new design made it convenient and friendly to use.
Motorola Timeport World Phone (1999)
This was the first time, that mobile phones could become mainstream with the Motorola Timeport World Phone. It had support for several GSM bands that allowed the phone to be used in Europe, Asia and the US. This made mobile phones even more popular and accessible.
Motorola Razr V3 (2004)
The Motorola Razr V3 shipped 1.3 billion units between 2004 to 2006. This was the most fashionable phone at the time and still close to being one of the best-selling ones in the history of the universe. The Flip phone was so trendy it became a fashion statement to own one.
Motorola Moto G (2013)
This was a new era for Motorola. After years of ruling the roost in the mobile phone industry, Motorola switched hands to Google and then to Lenovo. the company's first android phone was a hit. It was a phone that was available with great specs at a great price point. The phone started a new trend of offering great specs at a good price.
Motorola Moto X with Moto Maker (2013)
Moto X was a decent phone, but Moto Maker made sure that one could customize the phone to suit their fashion statement. The phone can be customized to suit technical specifications. The phone is available in pink, gold and black handset.
Moto X Force (2015)
This was truly revolutionary concept from Motorola. In an age of fragile smartphones, Motorola bought a phone that was shatterproof or had an innovative unbreakable display. The new device is drop friendly though it is not really recommended to drop it too often.