- 19 min ago Should You Mount A GPU Vertically? Here Are the Pros And Cons
- 1 hr ago OnePlus 9RT Is Up For Sale; Price, Specifications And Where To Buy
- 1 hr ago Apple Mac Saw More Growth Than Any Other Windows Device In 2021
- 1 hr ago Scamster Make Fake PlayStation India Website That Looks Legit; How To Spot It
- Finance Budget Expectations: MSME Sector Expects More Empowerment
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2021-22: Second part schedule announced, 33 games to be played from Jan 20-Feb 4
- Education NEET UG Counselling 2021 Schedule Released, Registration To Begin On January 19, Check Details
- Automobiles Cars To Become Safer From October: Six Airbags Made Mandatory
- Movies Is Umar Riaz Dating Rashami Desai? The Bigg Boss 15 Fame Gives Hints About Their Alleged Relationship
- Lifestyle What Is Aseptic Abscess Syndrome: The Case Of A 21-Yr-Old Woman, Treated By A Prominent Hyderabad Hospital
- News Punjab Polls 2022: AAP's chief ministerial face to be announced tomorrow at 12 pm, says Kejriwal
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In West Bengal In Winter Of 2022
Xiaomi 120W HyperCharge Technology On Mi 11i HyperCharge 5G Explained
Xiaomi India has officially launched its first 120W fast-charging smartphone -- the Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G. The smartphone supports a whopping 120W of fast charging via the USB Type-C port and can fully charge the battery to 100 percent in just 15 minutes.
The Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G comes with a 4,500 mAh battery, which can be considered a medium-sized battery in 2022. The device can fully charge the Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G, when charged using the 120W Xiaomi HyperCharge charger can be fully charged in just 15 minutes.
Dual Cell Battery Technology
The company has made several improvements on battery, charging circuit, and charger to get 120W fast charging on a smartphone. The company uses dual charge pumps and dual cell batteries to achieve these figures. With dual charge pumps, the company can control the voltage and current in a better way.
The phone also comes with a dual-cell battery, which can be charged simultaneously, which further helps to reduce the charging time. The phone also has a technology called multiple tab winding, where, it has a shorter current path which creates lower resistance. This improves the current flow in the battery which again improves the charging time.
Real Time Voltage And Current Monitoring
To achieve MTW or multiple tab winding, the Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G uses multiple anodes and cathodes. In most phones, charging speeds slow down as the charge gets close to 100 percent. Xiaomi uses Mi-FC technology (extended loads of high current) with support for real-time cell current and voltage monitoring even when the charge gets closer to 100 percent.
Xiaomi is also using graphene-based battery technology which improves the conductivity when compared to the traditional batteries. All these features help the Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G achieve faster-charging speeds despite having a large 4,500 mAh battery.
What About The Safety Aspects?
According to Xiaomi, the 120W charging system on the Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G is safe and efficient. The company has taken industry-leading quality measures to ensure a stable fast charging experience. The system comes with 34 protection features, which are shared across the charger, circuit, and battery.
Here are some of the safety charging features available on the Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G. On top of that, the smartphone also has nine real-time thermal monitoring sensors. On top of that, the fast charging system on the Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G is certified by TUV Rheinland.
Most batteries that are currently used can only retain around 60 percent of the battery capacity after 500 charging/discharging cycles. The Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G can retain 80 percent battery capacity even after 800 charging/discharging cycles at 120W fast charging. This means the fast charging technology does not affect the lifespan of the battery.
The Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G can even charge at -10 degrees Celsius, albeit at 12W. Xiaomi will also separately launch the 120W HyperCharge charger and the data cable combo, which can be used to charge other devices.
The Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G is considered, the company will include the 120W fast charger with every Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G. Do note that, there is also the regular Xiaomi 11i 5G, which just comes with a 67W charger in the box.