- 3 hrs ago Mi TV Pro 75" And Mi TV 4A 60-inch Smart TVs Unveiled: Features That Caught Our Attention
- 4 hrs ago Paytm Offering 50% Cashback On 4G Add-On Packs
- 6 hrs ago NASA James Webb Telescope Deploys Its Full Mirror Successfully
- 9 hrs ago Week 15, 2020 Launch Roundup: Redmi 8A Pro, Moto G8 Power Lite, HONOR 8A Prime, Vivo S6 5G And More
- Sports Let's show the world, we stand as one: Virat Kohli urges people to join PM Modi's #9pm9minute appeal
- News Braveheart Kerala nurse who recovered from COVID-19 keen on resuming duty in isolation ward
- Lifestyle Qubool Hai Actress Surbhi Jyoti Wows In Peach Flared Ruffle Dress In Her Latest Photoshoot
- Automobiles New BMW R 18 Cruiser Production-Spec Model Unveiled: To Rival The Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe
- Movies Neha Pendse On Lockdown Being Compared To Bigg Boss: ‘BB Is True Hell, This Is La-la Land’
- Finance Airlines Are Accepting Flight Bookings From 15 April
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
- Education ETS Offers At-Home Solutions For TOEFL And GRE Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
Asus ROG Phone II Featuring 120Hz AMOLED Display Announced: Features, Specs, And More
The ROG Phone II - the second-generation gaming smartphone from Asus is now official. It comes with all the bells and whistles that one might seek in a high-end gaming smartphone. As of now, there is no information on the price or availability of the ROG Phone II, which will be unveiled on July 23rd.
One Of A Kind Display
Just like the Asus ROG Phone, the latest offering packs 6.59-inch FHD+ AMOLED display that offers an industry-first 120Hz fresh rate and 10000:1 contrast, making it the fastest AMOLED display smartphone in the world. Thanks to the 120Hz refresh rate, the user experience will feel more fluid and smoother compared to a typical smartphone with a 60Hz refresh rate. The smartphone also has an in-display fingerprint sensor, and also the company's first phone to achieve this feat.
The screen on the ROG Phone II is DCIP3 gamut calibrated and offers a response time of 1ms, which helps with the gaming and it also supports 240Hz touch sampling rate. With HDR support, the display can play videos in the high dynamic range format on platforms like YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Videos. Besides, the screen is protected by 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 6 tempered glass.
One Of A Kind Processor
Qualcomm's most powerful chipset -- the Snapdragon 855 Plus powers the ROG Phone II with a maximum clock speed of 2.96GHz, paired with an overclocked Adreno 640 GPU, which now runs at 675MHz. According to Qualcomm, the Snapdragon 855 Plus should offer 15% improved performance over the Snapdragon 855 SoC.
The chipset is clubbed with 12GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 512GB internal storage based on UFS 3.0 technology, resulting in faster read and write speeds. The ROG Phone II is the 3rd phone to feature UFS 3.0 tech after the OnePlus 7 Pro and the OnePlus 7.
The Asus ROG Phone II has a dual-camera setup with a 48MP primary camera based on Sony IMX 586 sensor, and a 13MP ultra-wide-angle sensor. At the front, the device has a 24MP selfie camera.
Gaming Centric Features
Just like the original ROG Phone, the ROG Phone II has a 3D vapor chamber technology, which the company touts will help the smartphone to attain a manageable temperature even in marathon gaming sessions.
The ultrasonic air trigger buttons have also made a comeback. They act as a shoulder button on joysticks and can be used to play high FPS games like PUBG and Fortnite. The Shoulder buttons have a latency vibration of 20ms, and the response time has been reduced by 68% compared to the original ROG Phone, claims the company.
The 3.5mm headphone jack is also intact, and the device still retains stereo front-facing speakers DTS: X Ultra surround sound effect. The phone also offers Dual high-end vibrating motors, which results in a surround feel while gaming.
Battery And Charging
The Asus ROG Phone II features a 6000 mAh battery with support for 30W fast charging. Asus claims the device can charge 4000 mAh capacity in just 58 minutes and takes 120 minutes to fully charge.
The smartphone runs on Android 9 Pie OS with ROG UI skin on top with a lot of customization and gaming-centric options.
The company has also showcased several accessories, including the
AeroActive Cooler II and the Aero Case, which is meant to help reduce the device's temperature. Add-ons like Twin View Dock II can be used to get a dual-screen setup, and the ROG Kunai Gamepad is a custom joystick made for the ROG Phone II. Using the Mobile Desktop Dock the device can be mirrored to a big-screen or a television.
Our Opinion On the Asus ROG Phone II
When I reviewed the Asus ROG Phone last year, I felt that the smartphone has a sub-par camera and not so impressive battery life. It looks like the company has fixed those issues in the second edition, but we'll have test out before passing judgment. So stay tuned to GizBot to learn more about the Asus ROG Phone II.