TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Lenovo-owned Motorola has launched the mid-range Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus earlier this year. And surprisingly, we were completely blown away with the kind of results Moto G4 Plus's camera managed to achieve.
Anyway, coming back to the 5th generation of these smartphones, a new leak surfaced online revealing key specs as well as the aesthetics along with the launch date.
According to the leaked images, both the smartphones are tipped to launch on March 8, 2017. However, it is not clear whether which market will it be launched first.
In terms of specs, the smartphones will come equipped with an octa-core chipset (unspecified). Both the Moto G5 and G5 Plus will purportedly sport a 5.5-inch Full HD display. Similar to its predecessors, the fingerprint scanner will be exclusive to the 'Plus' variant.
It can be inferred from the leaked images that both the smartphone will still come in plastic bodies with typical Motorola design language - which is slightly disappointing especially when most of the mid-range smartphones are coming with metal bodies these days.
The major difference among both the smartphones though comes in the imaging department. While the standard Moto G5 will sport a 13MP camera, the 'Plus' variant will feature a 16MP camera. The 5MP front facing camera will be the same on both the phones, though.
Also, the Plus variant will come in both - 16 and 32GB variants whereas the standard one will come in 16GB variant only. Both the devices may come with Turbo charging feature.
On the software side of things, the Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus will likely run Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box as the company is already testing it for the G4 Plus.