TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
HMD Global just unveiled the Nokia 3310 4G variant in China with a similar design and looks like the Nokia 3310 (2017) that went official in the last year. This global variant of the smart feature phone is all set to be unveiled on February 25 at the MWC 2018 show floor. But it looks like HMD is not going to stop with just the 4G variant of the Nokia 3310. As speculated earlier, the company might be prepping feature phones with QWERTY keypad.
Yesterday, we came across a leaked FCC documentation suggesting that the alleged Nokia 1 Android Go smartphone has cleared the US certification database. The device was believed to be the Nokia 1 as it appeared to have a smaller footprint than the Nokia 2 hinting that it could be an entry-level smartphone. Also, the FCC documentation revealed that it has the model number TA-1056.
A contradictory report to the same has started surfacing online via NokiaPowerUser. The report states that a Nokia phone with the model number TA-1047 has cleared the FCC and Bluetooth certifications. It appears to have way too compact dimensions of 133 x 68 mm for it to a smartphone. Also, there the FCC listing shows that it is a dual-SIM mobile phone. The diagonal measurement appears to be 140 mm or 5.5 inches.
When it comes to the Bluetooth certification database, this alleged device is likely to arrive in five variants with the model numbers TA-1047, TA-1060, TA-1056, TA-1079, and TA-1066. Recently, the TA-1056 and TA-1079 cleared the FCC certification leading to speculations that it is the Nokia 1.
As these certification databases suggest that it is a mobile phone instead of mentioning it as a smartphone, it is likely that the device is an upcoming Nokia feature phone. Previous reports have tipped that the TA-1047 could be a 4G feature phone just like the Reliance JioPhone. It is alleged to be launched with a 3.3-inch display with a resolution of 480 x 480 pixels. The handset is believed to feature a Qualcomm 205 processor and run the KaiOS.
For now, there is no further information about this alleged Nokia 4G feature phone. It could either be the global variant of the Nokia 3310 4G or another new smart feature phone with a QWERTY keyboard.