TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Nokia 8, the flagship smartphone launched by HMD Global seems to be all set to receive the Android 8.0 Oreo update soon. It is not pretty surprising as the company had already announced that all the Nokia Android smartphones will get two years of OS update support.
Recently, the Nokia 8 was spotted on the Geekbench benchmark database running on Android 8.0 Oreo. This benchmark listing tipped that the rollout of the Oreo update isn't going to a long wait for the Nokia fans. Also, it hinted that Google is testing the Oreo update on the Nokia flagship. Over the weekend, further confirmation regarding the Nokia 8 Android Oreo update has emerged online.
Well, Juho Sarvikas, the Chief Product Officer at HMD Global took to his Twitter handle to share a couple of interesting images. By sharing these images, it can be told that he has clarified the doubts regarding the rollout of the update to the Nokia 8.
The images he has shared on Twitter show the spectacular view from his Dubai office. For now, the changelog that the update will bring to the Nokia 8 is not revealed though we know that it will bring in the Oreo goodies to the device. The one thing that has been revealed is that the Android 8.0 Oreo update is pretty heavy measuring 1.3GB in size. And, there is no denying that this is a hefty one.
Sarvikas has revealed in the tweet that the update will be rolled out when it is perfect. This statement tips that the update will be rolled out only when the testing is successful.
Given that the Nokia 8 is all set to be released in the major global markets by the end of September or October, we can expect the update to be rolled out to the units of this smartphone sometime in October.
Notably, we would like to make it clear that the Nokia 8 is not the only smartphone from HMD to taste the Android Oreo flavor. Recently, Sarvikas took to Twitter to assure the fans that the brand will roll out the major OS update to all the Nokia-branded Android smartphones including the entry-level Nokia 3.