TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- EC Bars Eros Now From Streaming PM Modi Web Series
- IPL: RR Vs MI — Live Updates
- Renault HBC Compact SUV To Be Launched In 2020
- Abhishek-Aishwarya Get Romantic In Maldives!
- How To Download Assassin's Creed Unity Game For Free On Your PC
- Business Sentiment Continue To Decline For Q2 2019: D&B Report
- Natural Remedies to Improve Memory
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
OnePlus 3 Gets Official Android Nougat Based Oxygen OS Beta Build: Here’s How to Install it
OnePlus 3 finally receives the Android Nougat Sweetness!
As promised, OnePlus, the Chinese smartphone vendor released the Android Nougat based beta build of Oxygen OS for the OnePlus 3. The update was announced at the OnePlus forum along with a specific changelog and expected bugs.
The latest comes will come as 'Oxygen OS Beta 8' and here's the full changelog of the update.
• Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
o New Notifications Design
o New Settings Menu Design
o Multi-Window View
o Notification Direct Reply
o Custom DPI Support
• Added Status Bar Icon Options
• Added Quick Launch For 3rd Party Applications
• Improved Shelf Customization
Also Read: OnePlus 3 Tips and Tricks: 24 Hidden Features that Most People Don't Know
As stated earlier, the update is a beta one, and there are several bugs for now. Here's the list of bugs as per the company.
• Android Pay may not work correctly
• Some stability/performance issues
• Incompatibility with TWRP, please use stock recovery
However, several users are still wondering on how to install the update right now on their phone. Check out the procedure below to successfully install the update on OnePlus 3.
Step 1: You Phone Should be on Stock Recovery
To install this update, your OnePlus 3 should be not be rooted, and it should be on stock Oxygen recovery. If you've rooted your smartphone, then you should go back to the stock recovery. And, you need to download the OTA file of the update. We've given the links to the archive at the bottom of this article.
Step 2: Boot into Recovery Mode
Now, you need to boot into the recovery mode. You can do that by powering off your phone and pressing the volume down and power button at the same time.
Step 3: Boot into ABD Sideload Mode
After booting into the recovery mode, you can see an option as ADB, just press that and connect your smartphone with your PC with ADB and fastboot tools installed on it.
Step 4: Sideload the Downloaded File
After connecting your smartphone to the PC, you need to paste the copied file onto the ADB and fast boot folder and run a command as ADB sideload . The file will be sideloaded, and your smartphone will ask for a reboot when it's done with the sideloading.
Note: GIZBOT is not responsible for any harm or loss happened to your device at the time of sideloading the file. Please follow this procedure at your risk.