TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
At the time when the OnePlus 5T was unveiled, the company has revealed that the previous generation model - the OnePlus 5 will receive the Android 8.0 Oreo beta sometime in November.
While this turned out to be true, the device was slated to receive the stable version of the update in December 2017. However, the Android 8.0 Oreo that was supposed to be rolled out in the OxygenOS 5.0 build was canceled a few days back and was pulled back by the company due to the presence of a bug.
Now, OnePlus 5 has started receiving Oxygen OS 5.0.1 version is being rolled out to the smartphone and it brings the stable Android 8.0 Oreo to the OnePlus 5. Besides the usual changes, OnePlus has resolved a few other bugs in order to enhance the overall stability of the latest OxygenOS build.
Notable bug fixes included
The new OxygenOS 5.0.1 update is said to have fixed some bugs related to the third-party camera application and the network issues those were faced by some European operators. The update is incompatible with the OnePlus 5 units those have unlocked bootloader so the users of such devices should relock the bootloader or find some other way in order to manually flash the update before the OTA update notification reaches them.
Changelog of OxygenOS 5.0.1
The changelog brought in by the OxygenOS 5.0.1 update are said to include optimizations for Shelf, ability to update through Shot on OnePlus, new camera UI design, beauty effect for portrait mode, optimizations for better photo quality, Places tab for viewing photos on a map, history feature in calculator, alarm calendar feature, support for Parallel Apps, new design for Quick Settings, Wi-Fi and battery saver optimizations and updated December Android security patch.
Usual Oreo features
As the update brings the Android 8.0 Oreo to the OnePlus 5 smartphone, the device will get the common Oreo features such as Picture-in-Picture mode, AutoFill, Notification Dots, redesigned notification toggles, smart text selection and other features that all the devices running Android Oreo will have.