- 47 min ago Lava BE U To Be Launched In India Around Diwali: Expected Price And More
- 1 hr ago ISRO To Launch Several Satellites In November, The First Of 2020
- 5 hrs ago Paytm Mall Diwali Festival Sale 2020: Special Discount Offers On Laptops
- 15 hrs ago Vi Launches Add-On Plans; Offering Star Talk, Games, And More Benefits
- Sports Kolkata Knight Riders can still enter the IPL 2020 play-offs: David Hussey
- Finance Gold Jewellery Demand In India Drops A Whopping 48% Per Cent
- News India dealt with worst border crisis with firmness and maturity
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Ananya Panday: 4 Times The Actress Flaunted Her Love For Black On Red Carpet
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In November
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 October 29: Eijaz Khan Becomes The New Captain, Kavita Kaushik Loses Her Cool
- Automobiles Toyota Launches First Regional Stockyard in India: Delivery Times To Reduce
- Education DTE Karnataka Diploma Result 2020: How To Check BTELINX Karnataka Diploma Results 2020
Qualcomm Unveiled Next-Gen Fast Charging Technology with Quick Charge 3.0
Qualcomm, today announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., has introduced its next-generation of fast charging technology with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology.
Quick Charge 3.0 is the third generation of this technology and is the first of its kind to employ Intelligent Negotiation for Optimum Voltage (INOV), a new algorithm developed by Qualcomm Technologies, designed to allow portable devices the ability to determine what power level to request at any point in time for optimum power transfer, while maximizing efficiency.
With Quick Charge 3.0 you can charge a typical phone from zero to 80 percent in about 35 minutes compared to conventional mobile devices without Quick Charge that may typically require almost an hour and a half.
With, INOV and other advancements, Quick Charge 3.0 is designed to be up to 38 percent more efficient than Quick Charge 2.0, while also implementing additional steps to help protect battery cycle life.
Additionally, when used with Qualcomm Technologies' latest, advanced parallel charging configurations, Quick Charge 3.0 can:
- Help improve fast charging up to 27% or reduces power dissipation by up to 45% when compared to Quick Charge 2.0.
- Charge up to 2x faster than Quick Charge 1.0
Available now, Quick Charge 3.0 will be featured as an option on select Qualcomm Snapdragon processors, including Snapdragon 820, 620, 618, 617 and 430, and is anticipated to appear in mobile devices launched next year.
"We are significantly enhancing the capabilities and benefits offered by Quick Charge 3.0 to bring robust fast charging technology to all," said Alex Katouzian, senior vice president, product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
He added, "Quick Charge 3.0 addresses a primary consumer challenge with today's mobile devices in helping users restore battery life quickly and efficiently, and does so through leading technology and a robust ecosystem including leading device and accessory OEMs."
"LG Electronics featured Quick Charge 2.0 in our recent smartphone designs and was met with much success," said Dr. Sang G. Kim, AVP, LG Electronics.
He further added, "At its core, LG strives to design devices that deliver an unbeatable user-experience. Qualcomm Technologies' solution is well aligned with that philosophy and fast charging has quickly become one of the more popular device features. Qualcomm Technologies' solution is also generations ahead of others and we look forward to offering Quick Charge 3.0 to our customers to give them a full charge faster and with increased efficiency."
Quick Charge 3.0 also maintains forward and backward compatibility with previous versions of Quick Charge as well as with connectors, including USB Type-C, as well as the same ultra-fast charging speed, cable independence offering OEMs several options, and UL certification to help meet quality and safety standards.
Operators and OEMs benefit from the established Quick Charge ecosystem with over 20 OEMs already supporting Quick Charge 2.0, and over 90 available accessories.