- 6 min ago Redmi Note 7s with 48MP camera to go on sale again on May 29 at Flipkart
- 25 min ago OnePlus 5, OnePlus 5T confirmed to receive Android Q update by the end of 2019
- 48 min ago Samsung Galaxy Fold Game of Thrones Edition by Caviar looks luxurious
- 1 hr ago Asus ZenFone Max M2 gets new FOTA update shortly after Android Pie roll out
- News SSC CGL Admit 2019 admit card region wise download
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Sandalwood Actresses With Highest Number Of Filmfare Awards: Radhika Pandit Tops The List
- Finance Stringent Compliance Norms In Place To Crackdown Shell Firms
- Automobiles Aprilia Storm 125 Launched — Priced At Rs 65000 Ex-Showroom
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Governing body in touch with 12 "corruptors' to warn them off the big event
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Vivo Funtouch OS 9 update roadmap is out!
Vivo is all set to start rolling out the beta version of Funtouch OS 9 to select smartphones in July.
Google announced the Android 9 Pie iteration of its OS last year. It is also expected to announce the next big iteration - Android Q next month. Still, the Android Pie update is yet to be rolled out to a majority of Android smartphones. The Chinese OEMs have already come up with their Android update roadmap though the same has been slow.
The latest one to announce its update roadmap is Vivo. The company has revealed the rollout schedule of the latest Funtouch OS 9 based on Android 9 Pie. The custom ROM was announced in March alongside the Vivo X27 smartphone.
Vivo update roadmap
Vivo is in plans to rollout the Funtouch OS 9 to a slew of 13 smartphones by July 2019. The company also announced that the devices will get the update in the beta form instead of a stable form. Currently, this update is under testing on five Vivo smartphones - Vivo X21i, Vivo Z1, Vivo Z1i, Vivo X23 and Vivo X23 Symphony Edition.
In the second batch of the update, the Vivo X21, X21 UI, X21s, Vivo NEX S, NEX Dual Display Edition, NEX A and Z3i will get the Funtouch OS 9 update based on Android 9 Pie.
All these smartphones will get the update via a beta release in June. This update roadmap was spotted initially by ITHome, a Chinese publication. Remember that this schedule is for the Chinese market and the company is yet to share the plans for the rollout of the Funtouch OS 9 update for the global markets. Given that there are limited smartphones in the global market, we can expect a different schedule for these devices.
Usually, the Android distribution is quite slow and Google is trying to resolve the issue for several years now. The Android Distribution Dashboard has not been updated for over six months and the market share of the Pie update remains unclear. Initially, there were expectations that Android Pie will be rolled out quickly due to Project Treble but this didn't turn to fruition.