TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Wikipedia is blacked out today as a result of the protest against the proposed legislation by the anti-piracy bills of US that will censors the content on web thus eradicating the free and open nature of internet. Read out article on Wikipedia blacking its site. Google is also joining Wikipedia but in a smarter way on its US homepage. Read out article on Google protesting against anti-piracy bills.
Most of you might be relying on Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia to access information on any topic but today as it is Internet Blackout day for the website you might think that you can't access the information. Wikipedia has of course blacked out its site today but still there are other ways to access the information.
The five easy alternatives are listed out in this article. Take a look at them and choose the one that is apt for you.
Another option is that if you get the Wikipedia article on Google search, click on the Google cache of the page rather than on the main link. This can be done by hovering the mouse over the link and then clicking on the link at the right side.
The third option is to find the content of English Wikipedia at the encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com and also search on Answers.com or Reference.com that will roll out the results from Wikipedia.
There are also offline solutions to access Wikipedia from phone, browser or desktop. Also Kiwix, an offline reader allows users to access the encyclopedia's content offline.
Wikipedia can also be accessed by means of mobile applications that are available in the Android Market so that you can open the site on your smartphone or tablet.