TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
University of Wisconsin's Alumni Research Foundation (WARF) back in 2014 filed a lawsuit against the Cupertino tech giant Apple with the allegation of patent infringement. The company claimed that Apple's A-series chipset on iPhone 5s, 6 and 6Plus smartphones infringed a patent of 1998 for boosting the efficiency of integrated circuits. Later the company was ordered to pay $234 million for the damage.
In return, Apple had filed an appeal and now the company has succeeded in proving itself innocent and the judgment is being reversed. In the starting, Apple was ordered to pay a damage sun of $862 million for the infringement. Later the amount was reduced to $234 million. But later in 2017, the sum was doubled to $506 million for continuing the infringement.
"We hold that no reasonable juror could have found literal infringement in this case," Chief Judge Sharon Prost wrote for the Washington, D.C.-based appeals court.
The tech giant later argued that the claim is invalid and even the damage calculation is wrong, even in the case of a valid claim the damage sum is not this much high. Now the report claims that there was no infringement from Apple's side. However, its now clear yet that the court has ruled based on the validity of the patent, or on the infringement claim itself.
It seems Apple is witnessing a good time now a four-year-old lawsuit is finally about to settled now. The company has successfully launched its latest smartphones the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and the iPhone XR recently. The iPhone XS and XS Max are already up for grabs in India from September 28. The company is also providing a lot of launch offers with the smartphone.
Moreover this time you can also grab the phone with the EMI option on Apple's official website. Let's see how the sales graph will work for the company in the current quarter.