TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
RIM, the manufacturer of the BlackBerry smartphones and tablets might launch the 4G version of the PlayBook tablet this year. The BlackBerry World Event is held currently in USA. At the event, the RIM CEO, Thorsten Heins stated that the 4G version of the PlayBook tablet will be launched by the end of this year.
This is contradictory to the leaked media reports that quoted roadmap of RIM for 2012-2013. As per these reports, the PlayBook 4G will be launched in the first quarter of the next year. Besides being a completely network capable device without the calling feature, the 4G version of the tablet will have a dual core 1.5 GB processor and a better graphic processor.
There will be no changes in the features. The display will measure 7 inches and it will be of capacitive nature. It will have a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. The new PlayBook will be available in several variants starting from 32 GB to 64 GB of internal memory storage facility.
RIM will not only launch a 4G version of the PlayBook but also a LTE version. As of now, the details about the availability of the LTE based tablet is not known.