TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
RIM, the manufacturer of the BlackBerry smartphones and tablets might launch the 4G version of the PlayBook tablet this year. The BlackBerry World Event is held currently in USA. At the event, the RIM CEO, Thorsten Heins stated that the 4G version of the PlayBook tablet will be launched by the end of this year.
This is contradictory to the leaked media reports that quoted roadmap of RIM for 2012-2013. As per these reports, the PlayBook 4G will be launched in the first quarter of the next year. Besides being a completely network capable device without the calling feature, the 4G version of the tablet will have a dual core 1.5 GB processor and a better graphic processor.
There will be no changes in the features. The display will measure 7 inches and it will be of capacitive nature. It will have a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. The new PlayBook will be available in several variants starting from 32 GB to 64 GB of internal memory storage facility.
RIM will not only launch a 4G version of the PlayBook but also a LTE version. As of now, the details about the availability of the LTE based tablet is not known.