TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception
The launch of the 808 PureView, the smartphone with 41 MP camera from Nokia has turned all the eyes towards it. Since a couple of weeks, there have been many reports about this handset's launch. It became a norm for reports to claim the price of the handset and Nokia to deny them. However, the exact launch date and the price of the handset are not known.
Nokia seems to be prepping the pre-launch activities for the PureView. The brand has come up with a campaign and have started a countdown clock. This indicates the time left for the pre-launch activities of the smartphone. Nokia has also put a pre-order page that asks for some user details like mobile number and email id.
Last week, many sources confirmed that the PureView handset is launched silently. It was available for a price of Rs 29,999 from the Nokia Shop for less than a day. Nokia denied the launch and said that the details about the price and launch were inaccurate.
Earlier, there was report claiming the price in India of the smartphone to be Rs 29,999. The price was revealed from the source code of the handset. But, the brand denied this and said that it will create dummy prices when required before the launch.
Buytheprice.com, an online retailer listed the handset for pre-order for Rs 32,000. In this case, Nokia claimed that the retailer has no tie ups with the brand and suggested the consumers not to trust this deal. So the consumers were left clueless about the price and the launch date of the device.
In the meantime, Nokia has been prepping the prelaunch activities and has created these websites (one for countdown and one for pre-order). This official step taken by the brand indicates that the PureView will soon come to the market.