TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Nokia announced its flagship smartphone, the 808 PureView during the Mobile World Congress 2012 (MWC 2012) held in Barcelona in late February. It has a 41 MP camera that is really amazing. A couple of weeks back there was a report stating that the handset will be launched in India in May.
The device presents the highest level of imaging experiences in a smartphone with high performance sensors. The imaging algorithms were developed by Nokia and Carl Zeiss optics. The first markets to sell the device are India and Russia.
There are numerous reports indicating the price of the 808 PureView smartphone. These reports carry the price in the source code of the smartphone page. As per the reports, the smartphone will be available for a price in India of Rs 29,999. But, Nokia denies it and claims that it is not the actual price.
A Spokesperson of Nokia said that while outsourcing some chores, they have to give the price related information and in such situations they create a dummy price. This will not be the actual price. In the case of the PureView 808, Rs 29,999 is a dummy one and the smartphone will not sell for this price. The real price of the smartphone will be revealed only during the launch.
The company has not revealed any other information about the cost. It firmly stated that Rs 29,999 will not be the price in India of the 808 PureView phone. We can expect the smartphone to cost more than Rs 30,000.
It is not sure if Nokia is trying to smartly drive out the rumors about the cost of the phone from the market or it does not want to consumers to be misled with such information. Hopefully, Nokia announces the launch date of the smartphone and its true price.