TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
The number of users using Facebook on smartphones and mobile phones is increasing rapidly. This trend started only over the last couple of years especially since the smartphones started featuring the dedicated Facebook app. This lets users to access the social network on the go with all the features.
Facebook already made some attempts to introduce social networking centric smartphones. It tied up with HTC and made the Android powered HTC ChaCha and Salsa. But these handsets did not fare well as they were hoped to.
The latest attempt was the Vodafone Facebook Phone, Blue 555. This was not a smartphone but had a QWERTY keyboard integrating the social network. Unfortunately, even this did not taste great success. It is rumored that Facebook and HTC will team up again to work on a social network centric smartphone with the dedicated FB button as in the ChaCha.
It seems like Facebook is working on another social network centric phone. A report in New York Times states that Facebook has hired former Apple engineers to create a smartphone codenamed Buffy. It suggests that the company has hired over half a dozen former software and hardware engineers of Apple who have worked on iPhone and iPad.
The rumors about the project Buffy surfaced in 2011 when the reports about the Facebook smartphone started. The recent report also claims that the news about the Facebook smartphone project is kept under the wraps.