TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
The number of users using Facebook on smartphones and mobile phones is increasing rapidly. This trend started only over the last couple of years especially since the smartphones started featuring the dedicated Facebook app. This lets users to access the social network on the go with all the features.
Facebook already made some attempts to introduce social networking centric smartphones. It tied up with HTC and made the Android powered HTC ChaCha and Salsa. But these handsets did not fare well as they were hoped to.
The latest attempt was the Vodafone Facebook Phone, Blue 555. This was not a smartphone but had a QWERTY keyboard integrating the social network. Unfortunately, even this did not taste great success. It is rumored that Facebook and HTC will team up again to work on a social network centric smartphone with the dedicated FB button as in the ChaCha.
It seems like Facebook is working on another social network centric phone. A report in New York Times states that Facebook has hired former Apple engineers to create a smartphone codenamed Buffy. It suggests that the company has hired over half a dozen former software and hardware engineers of Apple who have worked on iPhone and iPad.
The rumors about the project Buffy surfaced in 2011 when the reports about the Facebook smartphone started. The recent report also claims that the news about the Facebook smartphone project is kept under the wraps.