TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Google and Facebook are long time rivals and now the competition is taken to the next step. Google is reported to combine with Samsung for the next Nexus smartphone. As a rival, HTC is combining with Facebook for a new phone that will be released later this year.
The Android powered smartphone to be made by HTC will offer an exclusive platform for the Facebook users. It will integrate all the features and functions available on the social network. Already, the manufacturer has launched two Facebook phones namely, Salsa and ChaCha in February 2011. these phones have a physical Facebook button below the display.
Previously, HTC and Google collaborated to launch the first generation Nexus phone dubbed Nexus One. Later Google transitioned to Samsung to make the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus phones. The reason for this is that Samsung has become the top vendor in case of the Android smartphones. The other reasons are its ability to supply the main components and its innovation.
This is not the first time that there were rumors about a Facebook smartphone. In November 2011, HTC was reported to be making a smartphone project with the social network. The hype is still not settled and it is not clear on how the manufacturer will make the handset. This is because Facebook has stated that it will not let the manufacturers to call their devices as Facebook phone.