TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Google and Facebook are long time rivals and now the competition is taken to the next step. Google is reported to combine with Samsung for the next Nexus smartphone. As a rival, HTC is combining with Facebook for a new phone that will be released later this year.
The Android powered smartphone to be made by HTC will offer an exclusive platform for the Facebook users. It will integrate all the features and functions available on the social network. Already, the manufacturer has launched two Facebook phones namely, Salsa and ChaCha in February 2011. these phones have a physical Facebook button below the display.
Previously, HTC and Google collaborated to launch the first generation Nexus phone dubbed Nexus One. Later Google transitioned to Samsung to make the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus phones. The reason for this is that Samsung has become the top vendor in case of the Android smartphones. The other reasons are its ability to supply the main components and its innovation.
This is not the first time that there were rumors about a Facebook smartphone. In November 2011, HTC was reported to be making a smartphone project with the social network. The hype is still not settled and it is not clear on how the manufacturer will make the handset. This is because Facebook has stated that it will not let the manufacturers to call their devices as Facebook phone.