TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Yet To Name Candidate For Pathanamthitta Which Houses Sabarimala Temple
- MSD Opens Up On 2013 IPL Fixing Scandal
- 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched In India — ABS With EBD Is A Standard Feature
- Samsung All Set To Launch The Galaxy S10 5G On April 5
- Why Investors Are Dumping Auto Stocks And Buying Banking Stocks?
- Holi 2019: Akshay, Kriti Wish Everyone A Happy Festival
- Katrina Kaif's Holi Look
- Factors To Consider Before Buying Schengen Travel Insurance Policy
Google to launch 5 Nexus devices in 2012
Google is reported to launch five devices including phones and tablets in 2012. These devices will be based on the Android Jellybean operating system, claims the report. Previously we mentioned that the Android 5.0 Jellybean might be launched in June. Now, it is reported that the search engine giant and the company behind Android is prepping five Nexus device like smartphone and tablets to run this OS.
The Nexus phones are mainly designed to provide pure Android experience. These devices are branded as Google phones. As of now, there are three Nexus phones. Many manufacturers are upset as Google has chosen only Samsung and HTC to make these phones. The first one called the Nexus One was made by HTC and the other two models, the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus are made by Samsung.
As per another report, Google will sell its devices with the Nexus branding only through its online channel. It is evident from the fact that Google sells the Galaxy Nexus in US through the Google Play Store. This will be expanded to the other countries soon.
The company plans to make five devices from different manufacturers. This will make the Android Jellybean devices to hit the markets sooner than expected. This way, it will not take a long time like the ICS. In fact, the ICS was launched eight months back and it is still not the main Andriod OS. Only a few devices are powered by this platform. Moreover, these are top end devices from key manufacturers like Samsung, HTC and Sony.