TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJPs Unofficial Ally TRS Swing Muslim Votes In their Favour — Here's How!
- Neymar Helps PSG Secure Group C Top Spot
- Force Gurkha Xtreme Launched In India
- Now Send Voice Messages On Instagram — Here Is How It Works!
- RBI Board Meeting On 14 December — No Changes On Urjit's Abrupt Exit
- Suhana's Bollywood Debut — Here Is What SRK Has To Say
- Sunny Leone's Stunning Black & White Gown For The ITA Awards
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
The rumors about Apple iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 have suppressed the news regarding the HTC Facebook phone. A couple of months back, there was a rumor claiming that former Apple employees are involved in the making of the phone.
The reports suggest that the Facebook branded handset is underway. However, the announcement of the handset is not made officially. It is claimed that the handset will not make its way until mid 2013. Previously, rumors suggested that the Facebook smartphone will be launched in the Q3 of 2012. What could be the reason for the delay?
It is said that the social networking firm has teamed up with HTC. The brand has to invest its resources in developing its own devices like the One series phones before making an advanced Facebook phone. It is to be noted that the previous Facebook phones - HTC ChaCha and HTC Salsa were not great hits.
As of now, neither HTC nor Facebook have confirmed the making of a Facebook branded smartphone. It is guessed that the device will be based on Android operating system (may be Jellybean). Some rumors claim that it could be powered by the Windows Phone 8 operating system that will be launched later this year.