TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Inside Story Of How Siddaramaiah Led The Operation Against Operation Lotus
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- 10 Interesting Facts Of The Indian Budget
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Six Important Things That Make You Lucky And Happy
- Visit Yanam — The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- This Is The Craziest Thing Ranveer Has Done For Deepika
The Surface tablets of Microsoft that were announced on Monday are in the spotlight. There are lots to talk about the design and features of these tablets. Digitimes has got sources that are close to Pegatron, the company that is rumored to be manufacturing the Surface tablets for the software giant. There is no information on the number of units that are in the making but there are leaks about the rough pricing of the tablets.
The sources claim that the Windows RT version of the Surface tablet will be priced above Rs 33,800 ($599) and the Windows 8 Pro version will be priced above Rs 45,000 ($799). The mentioned price in India is based on the US price and the actual one will be slightly higher.
After the launch of the Surface tablets, we knew that the RT version was designed aggressively to compete with the Apple new iPad. But, the pricing seems to be sensitive as the iPad models are cheaper. The 16 GB Wi-Fi only version of the new iPad is available for Rs 30,500 in India. ($500 in US).
Microsoft is a late entrant to the mobile industry that has two powerful entities like Android and Apple. When the software giant entered the market, it did not get much love and the brand started losing its ground on the mobile terrain. Now, the company seems to have come again with the Windows Phone UI and the announcement of the Windows Phone 8 operating system for the smartphones.
What do you think about the price of Surface tablets? Is it worth paying more for them? Please share your thoughts through the comments section below.