TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Microsoft Windows 8 Up for Pre Order: How to Obtain the New OS?
Microsoft has started accepting pre-orders for its latest Windows 8 operating system. The price for the full version of the operating system is set at $70 (approx Rs 3,600).
On Friday, the Microsoft’s confirmed on its blog ways to upgrade to Windows 8 to its consumers.
Step 1: Users will be able to obtain the OS in a DVD pack.
Step 2: Users who are ready to wait till October 26,which is the slated date for official launch of Windows 8 operating system, will be able to download the OS to their computers for $40 (approx Rs. 2,040) upon the launch. This offer price will expire at the end of January.
Step 3: Customers can also pre-order Windows 8 operating system from Microsoft stores, Amazon.com, Best Buy and Staple. The price tag of the new OS is comparatively lower than the current price for Windows 7 which is set at $200 (approx Rs 10,500).
Step 4: Customers who have already purchased a Window 7 PC or planning to purchase one between June 2, 2012 and the end of January 2013 will be able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro at a cost of $15 (approx Rs 765).This move has been taken by Microsoft to prevent a fall in sales of PCs before the launch of Windows 8.
Step 5: Microsoft has informed that PC vendors such as Dell, HP, Samsung, Acer, Asustek and Sony have also started taking pre-orders for laptops and PCs installed with Windows 8.
Microsoft was however tight lipped about releasing any details regarding its Surface tablet PC which is expected to be launched along with Windows 8 operating system. Surface tablet PC from Microsoft is expected to pose a huge competition for Apple’s latest generation iPad.
The arrival of Windows 8 OS is being keenly awaited by Windows users from all across the globe. The new OS will feature an animation enabled tile based user interface and offers extensive support for multi-tasking. Windows 8 OS will also have support for USB 3.0, which supposedly operates at 10x speed compared to USB 2.0.