- 30 min ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 2 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 3 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 12 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- News Bengaluru: Rowdy Kunigal Giri's birthday party busted, 266 girls rescued from venue
- Movies Hansika Motwani Underwent Surgeries To Enhance Her Career? Deets Inside
- Sports Karthik likely for India in shortened game; Shadab, Haris may come in for Pakistan
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
OnePlus Partners With Foxconn To Make Smartphone In India
Chinese startup, OnePlus today announced its plans for production of its smartphones in India through contract manufacturing at Foxconn, within the Sri City Integrated Business City in the state of Andhra Pradesh by the end of 2015.
"Today is a big day for us. Producing smartphone in India is one of the most improtant decisions that we have made so far at OnePlus, and we are thankful to the Government of Andhra Pradesh and Foxconn for helping us make this happen. India being one of our biggest markets worldwide, we are committed to a long term sustainable growth path. This move will strengthen our presence and help us step up momentum in India," said Pete Lau, Founder and CEO of OnePlus.
Local production of OnePlus upcoming devices will start before end of this year at the 30,000 sq. ft. facility at Foxconn's Rising Stars factory within the Sri City Integrated Business City in Andhra Pradesh.
The facility will have a cumulative peak capacity of producing up to 500,000 unites per month, thus scalable to locally fulfill the demand for OnePlus smartphones in India in the future. The facility will also generate direct employment of over 1000 full time workers.
"We are excited to add another significant chapter in our India journey as we look forward to starting local production of our smartphones within a year of our launch in the country. Local production will not only make our operations more efficient in terms of cost and working capital requirements but also help us in making our products available for sale much faster than ever before," said, Vikas Agarwal, General Manager - India, OnePlus.
Vikas Agarwal further added, "Ever since OnePlus debuted in India, we have been deluged with requests of invites to buy our products, with more than 5 million registrations worldwide for our latest release - the OnePlus 2 - alone! With the best of our intentions of fastening up the availability process, we have been constrained by a few supply chain related challengers in meeting consumer demands. The local production will help to address this issue and better cater to the fast growing demands for OnePlus products in India,"