TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Reliance Special Tariff Plan: Free WhatsApp and Facebook Access for Students
Reliance Communications has introduced Special tariff Plan in partnership with WhatsApp targeting students. The special tariff plan is known as 'My College Plan". The tariff plan will give college students unlimited access to Facebook and WhatsApp for Rs.16 per month.
The special tariff plan is applicable only for Reliance GSM users. It is available only in 16 circles across India as of now. There are also additional benefits provided for users with the plan.
Sources suggest that the special tariff plan will allow Reliance customers to make calls and send sms text messages within the specified group for just 5 paisa. The SMS messages can also be broadcasted at Rs.3 per text message. Customers can broadcast messages by sending the text to 51112.
The latest plan also has its drawbacks. Sources have informed that in this plan, subscribers can be part of only one group at a time. Any other data access other than Facebook and WhatsApp will be charged. The plan will be auto-renewed every 30 days. Users will have to unsubscribe the plan before the end of 30 days if they do not need to avail the service further.
No official confirmation has arrived from either Reliance or WhatsApp regarding the latest development. The rumor first started to surface on medianama.com. If the special tariff plan rumors are anything to go by, then it is going to be a huge step forward for WhatsApp messaging app in India.
The lists of some of the Indian states and cities where the new Special Tariff Plan will be available include Assam, Jharkhand, Delhi, Kolkata, Orissa, Mumbai and Rajasthan.