TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
E-Retailer Flipkart Appoints Krishnendu Chaudhury as Head of Image Sciences
India's e-commerce marketplace Flipkart, today announced the appointment of Krishnendu Chaudhury as the Head of Image Sciences.
In this role, Krishnendu will work closely with Peeyush Ranjan, Head of Engineering, Flipkart, and will lead the charter of computer vision and image processing technology across Flipkart's platforms, to disrupt the traditional manner in which consumers shop online.
This is a technology that enables computers to understand higher levels of abstractions and will help redefine the way Flipkart's customers and sellers connect with the brand, including the manner in which they browse and make purchasing decisions.
Peeyush, Head of Engineering, Flipkart said, "Image science has the potential to revolutionize the way in which information is consumed. From customers searching for products ‘visually' to our sellers uploading their inventory on our platform through one picture, it is all possible today with ‘computer vision' or deep learning technology."
He added, "The charter of Krishnendu's team is to make this very vision a reality. We are excited to have him join Flipkart and are certain that his remarkable past experience and inputs have the potential to not just transform the organization, but also the industry."
"Flipkart, with its daring, groundbreaking ideas, excites me in many ways. In particular, creating a division that is focused on image processing and computer vision is a pioneering notion for a company in India. I am extremely excited to be a part of Flipkart's journey and look forward to contribute to their ambitious vision of redefining and transforming shopping as we know it today," said Krishnendu on joining Flipkart.
Prior to joining Flipkart, Krishnendu worked with the Machine Intelligence team of Google Research at their Mountain View campus.
In his 10 years at Google, he led the team that created Google Newspaper Search as well as WebP, Google's open source still image compression technology.