TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Did you check the Google homepage today? There is an interactive doodle for the Mother’s Day. Mother’s Day is celebrated all over the world to honor mothers and the contribution of women to the society. In most of the countries, the second Sunday of May is chosen for this sake but some countries have their own style. March 8th and 21st are popular dates in some countries.
The origin of Mother’s Day dates back to United States in 1908. A memorial was held be Anna Jarvis for her mother in America. Later, she began a campaign to recognize a holiday for Mother’s Day in US. In 1914, her attempts turned successful. Since then, it is celebrated every year.
Almost the whole world celebrates Mother’s Day on the second Sunday of May. It includes Australia, Canada, India, most parts of Europe, Asia, South America and some African countries.
The doodle posted by Google is an interactive and animated one. First it shows a mother figure (second ‘g’) and then two kids (the two ‘o’s) come from behind a door. They proceed to their mother and hug her tightly. Then all the characters line up and form the letters in the Google logo.
Google has been celebrating the day with doodles for a number of years and this specific doodle always has a flower in it. We wrote about the Arab Mother’s Day doodle posted on March 21st 2012. This time it is an interactive one. Check all our Google Doodle stories here.