TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
On Friday, Google posted a doodle showing five athletes playing different sports to indicate the opening ceremony of London Olympic Games. Today, it has posted one for the second day of the games event and has dubbed it London 2012 Archery doodle.
The doodle depicts a female archer aiming on a green field resembling the historic Lord's cricket ground where the London 2012 Olympic Games archery events will be held.
This is not the first time Google is posting doodles related to Olympics. The search engine giant has a rich history of Olympic related doodles. In 2008, it posted a doodle to celebrate the Beijing Olympic opening ceremony on 8 August 2008. The doodle showed five Olympic mascots – NiNi, YingYing, HuanHuan, JingJing and BeiBei carrying the Olympic flag.
Each day in 2008 there were different doodles being released. It is believed that even this year Google will follow this tradition and come out with a series of doodles for the next 15 days.
More Google Doodles