TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar's Last Rites Performed With Full State Honours
- Tour De France 2020 Opening Stages Provide Stiff Challenge
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Bharti Airtel Leads Download Speeds With 8.3 MBPS: Kotak
- Three Occasions Where A Personal Loan Can Give You Tax Benefits
- Anurag Singh On Akshay Kumar: No Starry Tantrums
- What Is A Mediterranean Diet?
- Trip To Khonsa
Google Doodles London 2012 Archery
On Friday, Google posted a doodle showing five athletes playing different sports to indicate the opening ceremony of London Olympic Games. Today, it has posted one for the second day of the games event and has dubbed it London 2012 Archery doodle.
The doodle depicts a female archer aiming on a green field resembling the historic Lord's cricket ground where the London 2012 Olympic Games archery events will be held.
This is not the first time Google is posting doodles related to Olympics. The search engine giant has a rich history of Olympic related doodles. In 2008, it posted a doodle to celebrate the Beijing Olympic opening ceremony on 8 August 2008. The doodle showed five Olympic mascots – NiNi, YingYing, HuanHuan, JingJing and BeiBei carrying the Olympic flag.
Each day in 2008 there were different doodles being released. It is believed that even this year Google will follow this tradition and come out with a series of doodles for the next 15 days.
More Google Doodles