TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Snapdeal launches special ecommerce zone at Dharamshala
Online retail major Snapdeal today partnered with the Himachal Pradesh government to launch a 'special e-commerce zone' here that will facilitate sale of local handicraft and other products through its marketplace.
Snapdeal will set up an online store dedicated to local handicrafts and traditional products made by artisans of the area. The store will house traditional products like Tankha Paintings, Kangra Arts, handicrafts and organic products.
Snapdeal will also take on-board local artisans and manufacturers as sellers on its marketplace and enable them to sell nationally while supplying locally, the company said.
A special pick up facility has been set up for these new sellers to transport their products to customers across the country, it said.
"With the Special Ecommerce Zone we are looking at invigorating and mainstreaming local economies by linking and assisting them to harness the potential of the internet," Snapdeal Co-founder and CEO Kunal Bahl said.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister, Virbhadra Singh who was also present at the launch, said, "I am delighted that Snapdeal has taken the initiative to create employment and entrepreneurial opportunities in Dharamshala by creating a special e-commerce zone.
"It will have a positive impact on the economy of this region which until now has been largely based on tourism." The company said that the zone is in line with the several measures it is taking which will enable small and medium sized businesses across the country to harness the power of internet and become a part of the digital revolution.
The company is also setting up a technology lab at Dayananda Model Senior Secondary School in the city to inculcate and enhance students' interests in science and technology.