TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar's Last Rites Performed With Full State Honours
- Tour De France 2020 Opening Stages Provide Stiff Challenge
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Bharti Airtel Leads Download Speeds With 8.3 MBPS: Kotak
- Three Occasions Where A Personal Loan Can Give You Tax Benefits
- Anurag Singh On Akshay Kumar: No Starry Tantrums
- What Is A Mediterranean Diet?
- Trip To Khonsa
Test to find out if you are a Facebook addict
Scientists have invented a simple test to help the users to find out whether they are addicted to Facebook. It was published in the Psychological Reports journal. It is based on the six key elements of addiction such as withdrawal, mood modification, salience, conflict, relapse and tolerance. The test uses the same method that is used to spot alcohol addiction.
The test involves six questions that are listed below. The users can find out if they are dependent on the social network by rating the questions from 1 to 5, one being the lowest and five being the highest.
1. You spend a lot of time thinking about Facebook or plan use of Facebook
2. You feel an urge to use Facebook more and more
3. You use Facebook in order to forget about personal problems
4. You have tried to cut down on the use of Facebook without success
5. You become restless or troubled if you are prohibited from using Facebook
6. You use Facebook so much that it has had a negative impact on your job/studies
What is your score? Have you scored 4 or more in at least four of the questions? You could be addicted to Facebook.
This test was conducted in a study involving 423 students of University of Bergen, Norway. The results suggest that the younger users are more inclined to develop an addiction towards Facebook when compared to the older ones.
It also found that women are more prone to the addiction than men. Those suffering from anxiety depend more on the website as they find it easier to communicate using a monitor than in person. Another study conducted in a University in Sweden involving 1,000 students concludes that over half of them log on to Facebook as soon as they boot their browser.
What do think about this study? Is it useful? What is your score? Please post your comments and score below.