TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
BoxTV.com recently released viewership statistics since the launch of its premium subscription service in the end of February 2013. BoxTV has recorded more than 50 million views in the past four months with more than 100,000 unique users accessing the website daily on an average. Users have spent an average of 27 minutes per visit, with this percentage growing each day.
Releasing an infographic highlighting some of the key viewership patterns, BoxTV showed a growing interest for premium content from genres like Romance (17 %) , Action (16%) and Drama (15%), rest 52% concluded interest in genres like thriller, history, comedy, suspense, family, children and crime.
More than half of the audience consumed Bollywood content followed by English and Regional language content. This can be attributed to a larger share of the Bollywood content being available for free/ad-supported consumption.
In top languages, 62% of premium subscribers consumed Hindi content followed by 20% for English and 17% regional, which is largely lead by tamil and telugu regional video consumption. The bollywood and regional content marks interest in USA, US and Gulf as well. The domestic demand is driven by cities like New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad.
BoxTV also released some of the top-searched keywords on the site - the maximum searches going to "Amitabh Bachchan", "Cricket", "Sex" and "Adult". The website was running a digital campaign for Amitabh Bachchan hits which witnessed a huge spike in interest on Amitabh films.