TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
BoxTV.com recently released viewership statistics since the launch of its premium subscription service in the end of February 2013. BoxTV has recorded more than 50 million views in the past four months with more than 100,000 unique users accessing the website daily on an average. Users have spent an average of 27 minutes per visit, with this percentage growing each day.
Releasing an infographic highlighting some of the key viewership patterns, BoxTV showed a growing interest for premium content from genres like Romance (17 %) , Action (16%) and Drama (15%), rest 52% concluded interest in genres like thriller, history, comedy, suspense, family, children and crime.
More than half of the audience consumed Bollywood content followed by English and Regional language content. This can be attributed to a larger share of the Bollywood content being available for free/ad-supported consumption.
In top languages, 62% of premium subscribers consumed Hindi content followed by 20% for English and 17% regional, which is largely lead by tamil and telugu regional video consumption. The bollywood and regional content marks interest in USA, US and Gulf as well. The domestic demand is driven by cities like New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad.
BoxTV also released some of the top-searched keywords on the site - the maximum searches going to "Amitabh Bachchan", "Cricket", "Sex" and "Adult". The website was running a digital campaign for Amitabh Bachchan hits which witnessed a huge spike in interest on Amitabh films.