- 20 min ago Realme To Launch 55-Inch Smart TV In India Soon
- 25 min ago Five Asteroids, Including 144ft wide 2020 KF To Flyby Earth Today: How Dangerous Is It?
- 2 hrs ago New Poco Smartphone Coming Soon To India: Is It Poco M2 Pro?
- 2 hrs ago Realme X3 Series Clears BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance Cabinet Approves Amendment To Essential Commodities Act
- News Shah Faesal to be released; Stringent Public Safety Act revoked
- Lifestyle Eye Make-up Removal Mistakes That You’re Making
- Sports Sussex defers contract of Travis Head to next year
- Movies Ishaan Khatter Shuts Down Troll On Blackout Tuesday Post; Says 'Find Somebody Else To Nitpick On'
- Automobiles Kawasaki Ninja 650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Could This Be Vodafone's Plan to Combat Reliance Jio?
Vodafone to expand its 4G network to 8 more circles very soon.
Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio took the telecom industry by storm in the county. With its "Welcome Offer," the company has introduced an unprecedented offer which urged other major telcos in the country to cut down their tariff plans in order to keep up.
Of late, speculations are abuzz that Mukesh Ambani's sudden plans to introduce such unprecedented offer is his subtle way of turning the black money legit. While the actual reason behind it is unknown, the offer has certainly benefited the Indian citizens. With that being said, it didn't have similar effects on other telcos in the country.
Ever since Reliance Jio introduced the "Welcome Offer" in the country, major telcos like Bharti Airtel, Idea, and Vodafone have been showering offers either by slashing the prices of existing plans or by coming up with new offers.
And in what appears to be an approach to dethrone Reliance Jio from where it managed to position itself today, Vodafone has announced that it'll be expanding its 4G network to a few more circles in the country.
Here's how the telco is planning to take down Reliance Jio.
4G services across 8 additional circles by March 2017
Vodafone, on Thursday, has announced that it will be adding 8 more circles to the already existing ones to make its presence more prominent in the country by March 2017.
Includes 2400 new towns
The expansion of its 4G network to new circles involves the inclusion of key circles of Maharashtra, Goa, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu (including Chennai), Assam, UP (West) and other North Eastern parts of the country.
It already has strong presence in major circles in the country
Vodafone already has a strong presence in major circles such as Mumbai, Delhi and NCR, Kolkata, Karnataka, Kerala, Haryana, Gujarat, UP (East), and West Bengal. Therefore expanding the network to more circles will help the telco give some tough competition to Jio in the long run.
All thanks to its recent spectrum acquisitions
Earlier, Vodafone network presence was limited to 1000 towns in the country. But, all thanks to its recent acquisitions of huge airwaves at the spectrum auction which now allows the operator to expand to new circles in the country.