- NEC Technology bags order from BSNL to build submarine cable system
- Jio GigaFiber effect: BSNL revamps FTTH broadband internet plans
- BSNL launches “Prepaid Land Line service” without rental charges
- BSNL introduces 'Wings' Internet Telephony Service with unlimited audio, video calling at Rs 1,099
- BSNL prepaid plans revamped to offer more data
- BSNL improves connectivity in Andaman & Nicobar in two years
Two weeks after announcing the affordable BB249 plan in India, BSNL, the country-grown telecom network has come with another cost-effective broadband plan to tackle with the upcoming Reliance Jio's GigaFiber broadband service.
In view of this, the new pack will be called as 'BBG 1199' and has some similar offerings same as the affordable BB249 plan. The newly announced plan, however, has some additional benefits over theBB249 plan.
Take a look at the benefits of BBG 1199 plan over the BB249 broadband plans from BSNL.
Unlimited 2MBPS Speeds
Unlike the BB249 plan which has a speed cap of 1MBPS after 2GB, the newly launched plan doesn't have any data or speed limit. You will get unlimited 2MBPS speeds for an entire month.
The BSNL BBG 1199 pack allows you to make calls 24/7, whether it be local or STD calls, they are entirely free for a month. Moreover, the BB249 plan only allows unlimited calls on Sundays and offers night calling.
Can be Paid for a Year, 2 years 3 years
With this new pack, BSNL is also introducing a new system where each user can pay the entire pack amount up to three years. And, users who pay yearly will be able to get some discount as well.
Costs Just Rs. 1199 per Month
The BSNL BB249 plan costs Rs. 249 for six months with installation charge every month. However, the BBG 1199 plan can also be paid on monthly basis, apart from the yearly rental.
Available for Existing Users
This is a major benefit of this plan. The BB249 is limited for only new users, however, the BBG 1199 can be availed by existing users as well, which is a welcome change.