- 4 hrs ago Oppo Reno 4 Series With Localised Features To Launch Soon In India
- 5 hrs ago Week 25, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 Pro 5G, HONOR 8S 2020, Vivo X50 Pro And More
- 6 hrs ago BSNL Plans That Comes With 3GB Data Per Day
- 8 hrs ago How To Easily Backup And Restore Games Installed From Epic Games Store
- Sports David Gower urges cricketing world to embrace spirit of cooperation like West Indies
- News Kerala gangrape case: NCW seeks action taken report from Kerala Police
- Finance Benchmark Indices Expected To Gain Further Momentum Next Week
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights Of The Auto Industry From The Past Week
- Lifestyle Animal Bite: Why Do They Bite? Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Sonu Sood Sends 200 Idli Vendors Home To Tamil Nadu; Breaks Coconut In Front Of The Buses
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
Goodbye 3G: Airtel Phases Out 3G Technology In Kolkata
India's leading telecom operator Bharti Airtel is now phasing out its 3G technology in the county.
The telco has announced the shutdown of its 3G network in Kolkata, and now mobile broadband services in the city will be available on 4G.
The new move comes at that time when the company is expanding its 4G reach across the country; however, there is a catch as Airtel will continue to provide 2G services in the city to serve the feature phone users.
Airtel also said that all customers on 3G were duly notified and requested to upgrade their handsets/SIMs to continue enjoying best-in-class smartphone experience.
Furthermore, the telco is deploying state-of-the-art L900 technology in the 900 MHz band to complement its 4G services in the 2300 Mhz and 1800 Mhz bands.
With L900, smartphone customers will enjoy improved 4G availability inside buildings - homes, offices, and malls. It will also result in a wider availability of 4G and a superior network experience across Kolkata.
Airtel 4G In Lakshshadweep
Bharti Airtel has recently announced the launch of its 4G services in the pristine Lakshadweep Islands.
According to the company, its 4G services will enable local residents to enjoy digital services like HD quality video streaming, superfast downloads, and uploads, high speeds of internet browsing.
Furthermore, Airtel 4G is LIVE across Agatti, Bangaram, and Kavaratti to begin with and will be gradually expanded to other islands of the archipelago.
Airtel informed that its 4G services will be available in Lakshadweep initially and it will gradually be expanded to other parts of the islands.
Meanwhile, the telco has announced that it has extended Airtel Thanks benefits to its 'V-Fiber' Home Broadband users subscribed to the Rs 1,099 plan.
Why Airtel Phasing Out 3G
Airtel and Almost all telecom players are investing a huge amount of money in 4G expansion. And now we believe that Airtel is going to adopt a similar strategy with other circles.